Need help on if it's worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at a 2005 Tocoma for 15k. Is it a good price it has 177k miles. My DD is a 84 FJ60 but my knees are getting old and thought a auto might be nice at my age for DD. Looks clean and good carfax, any thought welcome tks.

Make absolutely sure it's had a frame inspection if it's from anything near the rust belt - the frames go bye-bye in a hurry and Toyota is replacing them on '05-'08 Tacos . Rear springs are a joke if you haul anything over 300lbs in it , they are suppose to have new ones sometime this year , maybe . Inspect it really closely , most get pretty abused .
I dumped mine due to several issues and bought a half ton pickup - needed something with a real bed and hauling capability - not a glorified car .

Sarge

Make absolutely sure it's had a frame inspection if it's from anything near the rust belt - the frames go bye-bye in a hurry and Toyota is replacing them on '05-'08 Tacos . Rear springs are a joke if you haul anything over 300lbs in it , they are suppose to have new ones sometime this year , maybe . Inspect it really closely , most get pretty abused .
I dumped mine due to several issues and bought a half ton pickup - needed something with a real bed and hauling capability - not a glorified car .

Sarge

Thanks but I'm far from the rust belt and boy am I glad. But had to pass on this one..carfax had very few main. records and when I tried it out it felt like my 60 when the ps pump was out. Almost had a 2010 with a carfax report that looked like it came right of the Toyota main. book, even had the tranny flushed at 90k but when I called, it was next state over, it was being sold while I was on the phone. My luck again. And the Quest goes on. Think I'll try to find one from 2010 to maybe 2013 depends on main. records and my pocket book. Have to have a 4 door for my dogs so guess I'll be stuck with 5ft bed.

That's ok...my old body isn't what it use to be. The taco I just got will do fine for the easy camping my wife and I do nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom