Dual Swing Arm Rear Bumper for 07 FJ Cruiser??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a dual swing arm rear bumper for my 07 FJ...Does anyone know if there are any available on the market? Or am I looking at modifying a production bumper and/or having a custom bumper made?

On the passenger side I want the tire carrier & on the back a fold out shelf side and specter water/gas cans & Hi-Lift on the driver side.

Any help would be appreciated. Mahalo.

Aloha from the Hawai'ian Pacific Northwest.

Kaymar or Arb

Who is the Kaymar dealer in the Northwest? I looked at the ARB catalog & no joy from ARB...

Who is the Kaymar dealer in the Northwest? I looked at the ARB catalog & no joy from ARB...
I've seen kaymar on 2 fj's here in the us. You might have to get in touch with them in Australia.

I like what you did for Onur and have been toying with adding a swingout to my Demello bumper. If only you were closer ;)

If you'll let me know where you want your tire and what else you want to attach to the swing I'll sketch up the integrated arm idea for you and send it to you.

Jason

Unfortunately there is no current Kaymar dealer in the USA. I picked up some parts from them through ARB in Sydney last fall, but that was when I was there in person. Shipping from AUS to here is a killer on most of the deals. You might have some luck getting parts through Canada. I haven't checked but they might have a Kaymar dealer up there.

I'm in discussion with having one made from a fabricator who specializes in FJ's here in Dallas

Is 4x4 labs still making them? Here is a thread of someone who had one made back in '10.

4x4LABS rear bumper - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Yes, he has done a couple more. Mine was the 2nd on that he built. It was pricey, I don't know what he's charging these days.

I'm happy with my double swing out, especially when the basket is loaded with 2 x 5gal cans.

I am a big fan of Metal Tech however I think the Exp-One rear bumper is a better product.

I'm a MetalTech fan also, and have plenty of their stuff on my 40. I have Demello bumpers front and rear on my FJC, but have installed most other brands on other people's FJC's. If I was doing it all over again (with all the choices available now), I would choose Expedition One hands-down. They are by far the best-designed and engineered FJC bumpers that I have seen.

...toying with adding a swingout to my Demello bumper.

That is what I did. Just make sure you box in the backside of the bumper where the swingout pivots otherwise when you open the swingout it will twist the bumper. We also added some steel plates in certain places to stop the twisting. My bumper is the initial design and my swingout is HEAVY, so probably not an issue with the newer design.

IMG_5074.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom