2006 LC - DVD Player not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else ever have issues with their DVD players? Mine turns on and seems to be playing the disk, however, all is see is the black screen with the red "Toyota" in the center. Any ideas on how to get this working?

I have three kids..., so this is kind of critical.

Thanks guys!

To clarify, this is the DVD in the rear. I have noticed that on my front NAV under display there is a button that says REAR OFF and it seems to be highlighted/selected. But, there is no way to change the setting.

What scares me is that in my 2004 LC that I just sold, the DVD would immediately start when the rear dvd screen is pulled down. This one does not start - again, just shows the black screen with the red TOYOTA.

Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue with my 2007.

Do you have the remote? The remote that should have come with my LC is MIA. I want to get one off eBay but am worried it would not work...

Do you have the RES manual and the remote? I've not used mine for a while, but as I remember, most functions are done with the remote. If you don't have the manual, most can be downloaded by signing up at the Toyota Owners site.

Toyota Owners Official Web Site

Also, the last time I looked, both the OEM remote and the OEM headsets were relatively cheap from online discount Toyota accessory suppliers.

Got the remote and manual..., but the DVD should start playing immediately regardless of the setting?

I am having the same problem with rear DVD monitor. I can get audio but video displays generic Lexus logo.

I can hook up external video device so I know the screen display is functional.

Last weekend I took apart rear DVD and verified the cables are inserted properly.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I think it has to do with the unit itself. However, i asked Toyota to quote it and they told me that all DVD players were installed aftermarket and they don't have a part number for it. What?!

Here's the Toyota part number for the whole system: PT296-6002D-16 (in Oak)

PT296-6002D-16 - Genuine Toyota Rear Seat Entertainment

I did confirm with mine that the player does have the auto-start feature.

Put a "wanted" ad in the MUD classifieds and see if anyone doesn't use their player and would part with it?

Honestly, though, I was never impressed with the quality of the image and you might be better off going aftermarket with headrest monitors?

The only issue is that you'll have to leave the screen in place our you'll have a big hole in your headliner.

I have an 03 LX470 & my res stopped working. I checked the price to replace & the DVD player alone was $800. So I took a different route. Purchase a 11' HD monitor for $120 & a blu-ray player for $250. Also you need a fm modulator for sound. Beautiful picture & sound coming from Mark levinson sounds wonderful. All fit in oem opening.

I have an 03 LX470 & my res stopped working. I checked the price to replace & the DVD player alone was $800. So I took a different route. Purchase a 11' HD monitor for $120 & a blu-ray player for $250. Also you need a fm modulator for sound. Beautiful picture & sound coming from Mark levinson sounds wonderful. All fit in oem opening.

Mind posting up some pix and the items you bought to make this work? We have RES but to be honest, the screen leaves a bit to be desired. A newer screen and Bluray would be awesome. You put the player in the same stock location near the 3rd row?

Sure no problem
Here's a few pics of my new res in my truck

IMAG1038.jpg

IMAG1035.jpg

IMAG1036.jpg

Also, if anybody interested I have the res monitor, module, & remote for sale. They still work, only the player itself went out. It's grey

there's a power supply once you pull the rear quarter panel out where the dvd player is located. only wiring i had to run was the rca jacks coming out the dvd player to the fm modulator i mounted behind the radio. fish the hdmi up to the player itself

Gotchya, I pulled my rear quarter panel this weekend and tried to revive the DVD player. No such luck. Was getting power so something on the unit died itself.

Was the actual screen hard to remove from the ceiling?

No. Once you flip the screen open it's 3 screws you take out & the outer shell will come off. Then you have 4 more screws securing the monitor to the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom