What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made sure it still ran after a couple months of being in the cold.
20160207_144739.jpg

I finally flipped the shims under the springs...PO put them it the opposite way and truck didn't drive great-it tracked the ruts in the higway...Scary sometimes...I started with back side-unbolted the clamps(not all the way) and axle raised by itself to the point I could remove the shim and insert thicker one(6 degree-little over half inch thick- for 4 inch lift),put it in in opposite way-thicker side pointing back and bolted it together .checked angles on flanges are 0 degree difference=great...test drive-nothing changed-it may be even worst I felt....Than I flipped the front shims-lowering front pinion down...angle was still 5 degree of (I also put thicker shims)from front pinion to TC..But truck drive like a butter...It cured my driving problems!!!5 degree of is not a big deal because you usually don't use front driveshaft in high speeds and in lower speeds is OK...I am quite happy about that...

How would you rate the seats? No intentional high-jack...Just curious about your overall assessment.

I love the seats and they are very supportive! It feels like my 40 gives me a hug every time I get in the drivers seat.

I love the seats and they are very supportive! It feels like my 40 gives me a hug every time I get in the drivers seat.

Rick, all you need now is to train your 40 to give you a kiss too:hillbilly: after all hugs and kisses go together, right?

Installed a new starter 2 weeks ago on my small block 350, then had the 2nd MSD distributor (1st was a pro billet, and the 2nd was an E-Curve) within 3 years fail on me. So this time I replaced it with a HEI from Autozone.....Works like a charm and has a lifetime warranty. I'm really done with aftermarket performance parts. Hopefully I can make some time to replace the Edelbrock 1406 with a GM TBI setup. I have all the main pieces already, I just need to order all the factory plugs/connectors.

Pilgrimage
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is that plug and play? Looks awesome!
Thanks.
It'll be plug and play when I rewire the dash. LOL
That will be the hard part. I've got a pinched nerve/tendonitis in my arm and it's hard to bend certain ways, so it'll be a challenge to make the matching connector.

After using my 84 as a daily driver for the last 6 months, I decided to do some much needed maintenance. I bolted on a new Toyota carb, adjusted the valves, changed the spark plugs, and repaired an exhaust leak. All I can say is wow!!!!!! What a difference those few things made to her performance and now she runs and idles soooooo sweet.

image2.JPG
image1-2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom