I'd like to Introduce my FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone I would like to Introduce myself, I'm Deano from Sydney, Australia, Im just getting myself into the 4x4 scene, I've always liked the 40 series ever since I was a kid and Dad owned a FJ40, now all those years later I finally picked one up to Tinker with and Build up. I am now Introducing "
20160125_111027.jpg
20160128_062011.jpg
Rusty
Rusty is a 1976 FJ40 running a 60 series 2H Diesel, 4 speed.
Roof Top Hotel, Tough Dog 2 inch lift kit on its way
20160125_111027.jpg

Neat, another Aussie.

Turn your bezel thick side up. I'm sure others will comment. You on the aussie fb 40 page, either one

that's cool looking truck....I like your paintjob-rare special :) Do you have a lot of mosquitos in AU?

Neat, another Aussie.

Turn your bezel thick side up. I'm sure others will comment. You on the aussie fb 40 page, either one

Doggone it - I wanted to make the first comment on the bezel!

With that out of the way, the tent, I love the tent! (and the paint job, and the snorkel). But tell us more about the tent!

Doggone it - I wanted to make the first comment on the bezel!

With that out of the way, the tent, I love the tent! (and the paint job, and the snorkel). But tell us more about the tent!

The tent is a ROO SYSTEMS ROOF TOP TENT, it is bolted to roof racks pretty easily & it's Great and Easy to set up, takes about 2 beers to set up, then another 1 beer to set the Awning up. Weight of tent is about 40kgs, sleeps 2 people comfortably but had 2 adults and 1child in there a few times and was still comfy.

Congrats, very nice. What make are those load bars ?
Load bars are heavy duty ones ive had for a few years and had them on previous vehicles, cant remember what brand or make they are, i bought them off ebay a few years ago, but in the past ive had them loaded up.

that tent is pretty neat. Been thinking about something like that for my 40, but at the moment it's a tad high so I need to lower it. That might be achieved by coils all round and dropping the body lift, but have to save the $ for that.

Its

Its actually a paint job, its called Porters Instant Rust.

Thought you were joking but it really exists, did you spray or brush this on?

Welcome ! Nice truck !

:cheers:

Thought you were joking but it really exists, did you spray or brush this on?

Welcome ! Nice truck !

Yeah there's been a few people think I'm pulling their leg when I tell them about the rust paint, I Brushed it on in on particular manner just slap it on like you just dont care hahaha

:cheers:

Nice 40 / setup. Love that Rust Job! :clap: That tent is awesome also...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom