T100 Low Oil Pressure Warning Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening all. I have recently purchased a 1996 T100 4x4 and have noticed what seems to be low oil pressure. Looks like this is a common issue with the 3.4 motors.

However, while poking around and looking, I am unable to find any low pressure warning lights on the dash or gauge. I am trying to figure out if there should be a light (perhaps it was disabled or the bulb pulled by the previous owner) or if it only relies on the oil pressure gauge. The owners manual shows the familiar oil can warning light, but I dont see the light anywhere on the dash.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows if I am searching for a burnt out light or a light that simply isnt there.

Thanks again.

Andrew

I don't remember if mine had a light or not, but the oil light is typically for oil level, not pressure. Mine ran with similar oil pressure to yours for over 400k...

The gauge has read low on mine since I've owned it (5 years 30,000 miles). When it is warm it registers at less than 1/8 on the gauge. If the gauge reads slightly above 1/4 and the needle moves when revving the engine I assume it is OK. My oil light has never come on. Check the level on the dipstick, but it sounds like mine.

The gauge has read low on mine since I've owned it (5 years 30,000 miles). When it is warm it registers at less than 1/8 on the gauge. If the gauge reads slightly above 1/4 and the needle moves when revving the engine I assume it is OK. My oil light has never come on. Check the level on the dipstick, but it sounds like mine.

Yep, they are all like this. It's not an actual issue with the engine. Oil pressure at idle is something like 4.3 psi, you should be at 1/4 at cruise, and it should increase with revs. You'll also notice it's higher on cold starts until the oil heats up. Keep the oil changes with the recommended oil and it'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom