Builds Bucket List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Agree, keep your eyes on the road in "front" of you not on the rear view mirror to gaze at your new 45, as that could lead to a hypnotic state. :)

Hahahaha. So true

I got that same rear bumper on mine, but mine's a little smaller? Congrats!

image-jpg.1204208

004.jpg
Yours is the third one I've seen with the same bumper. I would guess it was something the distributor added when they arrived. Mine looks like a cut domestic bumper of some sort.

Apparently there is a mass exodus of Toyotas from out west. Ive seen dozens of Toyotas, being pulled by Toyotas, heading to Mexico.

Not only Toyotas but all sorts of cars too. On my trip, I saw 1 car towing 2 more all chained together with the bumpers removed and in the back seat. We saw a ton of those set ups.

I've seen several like yours that have that same heavy diamond plate construction, but the sides run forward to a couple inches of the rear wheel wells. Do the sides of your bumper seem to be cut off? I've seen this style have the side pushed into the body panel leaving a big dent on one side and then it looks like the owner just cut the side portion of the bumper off.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yes, I had the same bumper (Barden Bumpers of Porttland Oregon) on my 65LPB. A lot of people cut off the portions of the bumper protruding forward. I just removed mine. It was a direct bolt on application so it was an easy removal.

Like this: before and after

Looks like a great trip. Some of my greatest memories are the Landcruiser bibb in your rear view the whole ride and also the large # of cars giving you the "thumbs up". Once, while hauling a shortbed thru Utah, a guy videoed one side, slowed down enough to also video the back and spead up again to get the opposite side of the truck....makes all the bad road food worthwhile!

Drove the reverse route...from Wy to Florida to get this one about ten years ago.

1967_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_FJ45_LWB_4x4_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom