Builds My '78 FJ40 "44" (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eyes are definitely important to take care of, proper safety and proper medical care. I have a cousin who lost an eye because of doing something that is all too common, hitting hammer head to hammer head trying to get the claws under a nail head. They were building a cattle barn, so definitely a not so sanitary location.

You, and your doctor, will be in my prayers for an easy and successful surgery and recovery.

Don

Thank you Don!!

Classic Jeff!!

I failed to take pitchers yesterday. But didn't get as much done as I hoped. It was a lot more work than I remembered, getting the main tank and all associated accoutrements hooked up ... I'll have to finish when I can get back to it.

My spinal epidural went well this morning... Still enjoying the buzz of the Propofol.

Tomorrow is left eye surgery.

I may be cruising again by mid-March...

Good luck on the eye surgery and happy the back injection went well for you. I believe you will really see a difference in the pain level when you finish the remaining two injections.

Well, I have good new, not so good news and idiot news...

The good news... The cataract surgery was easy and went really well... I already see 20/30 out of my left eye and it will likely continue to improve... The epidural has already helped my back!!

The not so good news... I am not allowed to lift over 10 lbs or risk anything in my eyes, for the next 7 weeks. I finally have all my rear harness connectors and am not allowed to hook it all up until late March. I am not allowed to reinstall the seats or do any of the little things I had planned, until late March... It's been three days and I'm already going nuts...

The idiot news... For Tuesday's epidural, I had a Propofol cocktail (e.g. Michael Jackson drug), for Wednesday's cataract surgery, I had a Fentonol-Versed cocktail, all with instructions NOT to drive, make decisions, etc. for 24 hours. Thursday evening, I decided to make potato chips. I whipped out the mandolin and started slicing... WITHOUT the guard. I sliced away and, then thought, "I'll bet my finger is getting close to the blade". I was right... That very slice took the tip of my ring finger, in my right hand. Of course, Dianna's anxiety kicked in... "Oh my God, you're bleeding to death!!". In her defense, she can't control her anxiety... And neither she nor I, knew just how drugged I still was... 50 hours later.

I stopped the bleeding, bandaged it and taped a vinyl glove finger on it and went to bed. I awoke at 4am with a sticky hand... Blood pouring. I cauterized it as best I could, with a steptic pencil and waited for the local urgent care to open at 8 am. The Dr cauterized it better, wrapped it and sent me off for antibiotics.

I am still sleeping two out of every three hours... Will these drugs never wear off...

The one positive outcome... My potato chips were especially tasty!!

So, no 44 work for awhile... I have pictures of my finger, but will only post the finger puppet

image.jpeg

What was that old DuPont commercial line - "Better living through chemistry?":D

10 pounds huh? If you are like most 40 drivers you will need someone to do the heavy lifting when going to the restroom ;)

For those looking to get divorced .... buy a boat, as evidenced by this next video

now, in his defense Dobbertin has been a fixture in the pro-fairgrounds movement (he created it).... but I didn't realize he did boats... this wasn't his last, but it was the one that caused his divorce. There's another video where his ex-wife reminisces about the boat and wistfully says she'd love to do the boat cruise again. The next question, with her ex? she said "NO" lol

this will keep you occupied for a bit - in fact, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if some from here have either gone and helped or will go and help once they see these... this is the latest installment

interestingly, this boat has probably saved marriages - couples go help, and there are several spawn pages of their adventures.. all speak glowingly... of course, this boat hasn't been on the water yet, so its ability as mistress is severely hampered (and yes, the owner is married and his wife ... looks forward to the completed boat, we'll see if it's the same result as before).

I had one epidural shot 2 years ago and I still feel good. I have not had another. So far so good. I also had Cataract surgery and a Cornea transplant surgery at the same time. You don't know what you've been missing until you have Cataract surgery. Give it one month and you will be one happy camper. Ouch on the finger.
I know and understand the pain.
Wishing you the best!
Dave

Dang it Helipilot beat me to it.Hang in there,I have always enjoyed this thread.
Sharp objects are the enemy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom