My Video: Changing the Engine Oil in my 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MScruiser

obsessive-compulsive oppositional-defiant wise-ass
Threads
Again, there are no 200 Series specific videos on YouTube, so I decided to make my own.

Last edited:
Awesome level of detail. I hope you have to replace your water pump (and make a similar video) before I have to! ;)
You'd better get on it 'cause mine is starting to weep...

Seriously- a nice video, thanks for taking the time!

You're welcome.

Hope it helps.

Really well done! Not sure you could have covered it any better than that.

Nice video - well done! Thanks for posting, should be helpful for many.

One note:

You show the oil capacity as 7 quarts for your '11 LC200. The oil capacity for my '13 LC200 is 8 (7.9) quarts when the filter is replaced.

Is this because my '13 has an OEM oil cooler just behind the filter mount and yours does not? I don't know.

Just to make sure everyone knows, when doing this on a '13 (and newer?) LC200, the oil capacity should be 8 quarts instead of the 7 quarts shown in the video.

By no means is this a slam, just a hopefully helpful clarification.

HTH

Hmmm.

I best go look that up. I can always add a bit of extra footage.

Well done! Maybe add a drop light in future videos but glad you took the time to post it. I know it's difficult filming and working at the same time. Big props to you. Oh yeah, you convinced me to let Toyota service deal with the mess. Lol!

Last edited:
Hmmm.

I best go look that up. I can always add a bit of extra footage.

From the 2013 LC200 Owner's Manual:

LC200OilChangeSpecs_06FEB16_zps5lfjr7gt.jpg

HTH

@gaijin is right.

Looks like,the correct oil around will be between 7.4 quarts, and 7.9 quarts.

I'll have to edit the video and make note of it.

Good catch, man!

Thanks.

Good vid. Thanks for doing this.

I'm making edits tonight; I'll post up the new version tomorrow.

Ok y'all, I got the updated video uploaded.

Thanks for the advice, @gaijin

10,000 miles

Sqotd, has anyone avoided the oil cartridge snap in drain tool and just slightly loosened the housing to drain? Huge mess that way? I've never attempted a change with one of these cartridge systems.

Great video and helpful.

@AL LC2013 , you can cut a pieice of tubing to fit over the end of the snap tool. That way, once the snap tool snaps in place, the oil drains through the tube, instead of all over your hands. A garden hose would probably be the correct diameter.

Not a bad idea, have one of those around to use. I'll try that. Toyota needs to just use the good ol' oil filter.

Referred to this video yesterday as it was the first time I changed the oil. Came in very handy. I added the valve for the oil drain so next time will be easier. A pain taking off the ARB skid plates to get to the oil filter. Otherwise just as simple as illustrated here. Thanks again

Since Synthetic oil can last longer than 10K, I typically just change the oil once a year. Thats around 10K for me, but that way I don't have to track mileage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom