Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ammo and Jose, you use two different types of steering linkage. Which one is better? Do they both return to on center when on the road?

With Hydro Assist, you typically lose that return to center feel.

I never drop air pressure, and my rig does great. I have chains and never needed them.
Snow may be too much, and the chains will not help! :p

9683794s-960.jpg

aee3794s-960.jpg

Haha! Looks pretty deep, and I'd likely go in, and hopefully right back out! Yeah, I have a winch, but there isn't a bar at the end! (In California, we do have a bar though, Uncle Tom's Cabin, and I've been there but not in the snow. Maybe take a trip up there in a few weeks or something. Hey, anyone wanna go?!!!!! Anyone know if its open? Heard it is here and there, but that's a trek to do, to f-ing out its not! Jose, any thoughts?

I'm in for that!

I'd go if I wasn't 2500 miles out, it is a hoot and a tooth jarring ride but well worth it. If you have a flakey shock this drive will kill it for sure.

Snow may be too much, and the chains will not help! :p
Keyser Soze Is alive and well In Russia..!!! I mean that joke as a compliment, any Businessman who gets Over on the Fed's gets a 2 thumbs up from me...LOL :) You can't go anywhere In the midwest with your Rig without turning It white with road salt residue, Everywhere. Nice Shots, looks like lots of diggin to me..! Good Luck...! :)
9683794s-960.jpg

aee3794s-960.jpg

@Finnyfam60 Dixon, you're down the road! I'll let ya know when the Uncle Tom's trip will happen, likely within a month. Live to go on a snowy day where we are cutting fresh tracks, @jcardona1 you in?! I have 4 rigs on my part outside of here that are all down to go, one either fj80 or solid axle ZuZu Rodeo depending on which one he has suited for the trip, a FJ Cruiser setup on 35's, a scout on 35's, and a yota pickup the same. I'll keep it updated without jacking your thread too much Jose!

Count me in... Even better if we can cut fresh track!

Cruiser has gone under serious neglect lately ever since we started the process of buying our new place. Just making sure you guys know I still own the truck! Although truck projects may be put on the back burner even more because furniture and curtains and rugs and house crap.

Fu06iR1h.jpg

TECH: Cruiser won't fit in the garage of the new place. Had to air down all the way to get her in. Trimming stucco around the garage is on the short list of house projects!

4lNHcGAh.jpg

Nonetheless, your rig looks like it was born in that garage! Congrats on the new place!

Cruiser has gone under serious neglect lately ever since we started the process of buying our new place. Just making sure you guys know I still own the truck! Although truck projects may be put on the back burner even more because furniture and curtains and rugs and house crap.

Fu06iR1h.jpg

TECH: Cruiser won't fit in the garage of the new place. Had to air down all the way to get her in. Trimming stucco around the garage is on the short list of house projects!

4lNHcGAh.jpg
Congratulations!!!

Jose, Congrats on the new place. Also, thank you for all the help during my build. You have been an amazing help during this process.

FJZilla- Your in my old stomping grounds, I'm sure we passed each other back when you had the FJ.

Nice job, keep up the good work.

Oh ya you too Jose, get that back splash in so we can wheel!!!!!

FJZilla- Your in my old stomping grounds, I'm sure we passed each other back when you had the FJ.

Nice job, keep up the good work.

Oh ya you too Jose, get that back splash in so we can wheel!!!!!
Ammo,

No s***, your from Eugene area? How cool. I problem did see your ride. Likely waved too as I thought I was a truly LC in the FJ Cruiser.

As for the LC, looking to get this beast up and running soon. Thinking Rubicon this summer.

Ammo,

No s***, your from Eugene area? How cool. I problem did see your ride. Likely waved too as I thought I was a truly LC in the FJ Cruiser.

As for the LC, looking to get this beast up and running soon. Thinking Rubicon this summer.

We were in the "Friendly" for 5yrs. Ran all over the county in my rig doing SAR work for the sheriff's office.

Moved down here 2yrs ago this month.

You make it down this way for the Con let us know, and bring the Ninkasi !

-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom