Synthetic Winch Line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Chillicothe, Texas and Bella Vista, Arkansas
Ok, did a search and did not come up with anything current. Just bought a Warn 8274 and would like to put snthetic line on it. What do you recommend?

Had a blue line break (mid-line break) during use and then pulled trigger on, IMO, the best syn winch line: Masterpull Superline XD. I'd buy it again and again; fortunately I don't need to ;). It has served me well for 8-years and counting.

Cry once.

Put amsteel blue on my 8274 a whole bunch of years ago - wow, checked the dates of some pics and it was in 2003. 150' of 5/16".

Never failed and I certainly have got my money's worth from it :)

Recovering a mate's 60 stuck in some nasty mud. Had to drag him out with the winch and he's fully loaded from a 2 week trip in the bush.

nodifflocks.jpg

dragged.jpg

Extracting myself:

mud4.jpg

I have 3/8" amsteel blue on my 80 and had no issues with it either:

sn6.jpg

cheers,
george.

Last edited:
I use Viking 3/8" line on mine. Very happy with it, but not sure if they are still in business or not.

Picked up 100' of 5/16" Masterpull from Slee a while back, but have only used it a handful of times. Looks like they don't sell it any longer, but they have 3/8" x 100' of Dyneema for $312.

Slee - Winches

Thanks for the PM.

I'd put 3/8" x 125' on it. I have the same winch on my '76 55 and love it. It's an awesome winch. You "can" run 5/16" and then up to 150' but I like the additional strength of 3/8" because an 8274 is strong and fast.

That line is available in silver, dark charcoal, orange, and blue, and we can put about any thimble or hook combo on it you want. Pricing starts at $339.95 and goes up a bit depending on how you customize the thimbles and/or hooks. MUD discount is typically free shipping or 10% off and you would do better with the 10% off.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom