What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rugy,
Absolutely love those gauges. Any interest in a detailed install thread? I'd love to know what you ran into and how you made it all work. Dumb question though - wouldn't your water temp gauge always be pretty much pegged, looks like it tops out around 125? What gives?
Probably Celcius. That would put you about halfway on the gauge with an 88*C (190*F) thermostat.

Interested in details as well. The stock gauges leave a little to be desired.

Jesper
Sorry don't have enough time to do a detail write up, too many fires to tend.
The 4 gauge cluster along with the speedometer is metric, therefore water temp gauge is in Celsius and not in Fahrenheit.
My boost gauge is in PSI and exhaust temp gauge is in Fahrenheit.
The truck originally came from LA so all of the gauges were in Imperial.
Here we use metric for all things except in construction were everything is in feet and inches, go figure.

Hauled 10 bags of salt for the water softener

I replaced 17 feet vacuum hose.
12644976_10208734629390247_8557222390179142307_n.jpg

I found out that Seafoam has no effect o carbon gum buildup. 3 hour soak and nothing
12631320_10208725058230974_7103228344100031457_n.jpg
12573082_10208725058630984_3798633398420484873_n.jpg

but aceatone does. lifted it right off.
12651116_10208728245310649_5575737717341202437_n.jpg

Jesper
Sorry don't have enough time to do a detail write up, too many fires to tend.
The 4 gauge cluster along with the speedometer is metric, therefore water temp gauge is in Celsius and not in Fahrenheit.
My boost gauge is in PSI and exhaust temp gauge is in Fahrenheit.
The truck originally came from LA so all of the gauges were in Imperial.
Here we use metric for all things except in construction were everything is in feet and inches, go figure.

Ahhhh, makes sense. They look great. If I get sporty and decide to try them I may hit you up with a PM for pointers.

Discovered (with the recent rain in San Diego) a strange high pitch grinding sound coming from under the dash when I used the windshield wipers. After a quick search here, I followed the instructions provided by @worldspan in this thread and lubed the wiper relay gears (before pic below). Problem solved!

wiperrelay.jpg

Had new keys from @beno cut at the local Toyota dealer using the code from the passenger side door lock.
keys.jpg

Drained this water from my passenger side quarter panel after reading a recent post on this from @Super77 . Yikes!
waterstorage.jpg

Parked next to my buddy's new to him 100 at work
100parking.jpg

Began rewiring my LED lights using relays. Two completed, a couple to go. Also working on a new switch box. I'll post photos later.

Installed new OEM Front window regulators and drivers side outside front OEM window weather striping. Went real smooth and my goodness my windows are so much easier to roll up and down!

Also put on a straight (not bent up) front Valance that I got from 3_puppies. Thanks again 3_puppies offering one of these up and shipping it out to me. Looks so much better and now the front is looks straight. Waiting on Front Bumper Brackets to come so I can install a new OEM Front bumper and new OEM end caps. My original was all beat up and bent from the PO. New OEM FJ60 Wiper blades just installed and they rock!

Installed new OEM rear bumper as well as new OEM end caps last week, previous bumper was in pretty piss poor shape! Weather turned for the better here in the midwest so the warmer temps made it more enjoyable to get some work done.

Discovered (with the recent rain in San Diego) a strange high pitch grinding sound coming from under the dash when I used the windshield wipers. After a quick search here, I followed the instructions provided by @worldspan in this thread and lubed the wiper relay gears (before pic below). Problem solved!

wiperrelay.jpg

Had new keys from @beno cut at the local Toyota dealer using the code from the passenger side door lock.
keys.jpg

Drained this water from my passenger side quarter panel after reading a recent post on this from @Super77 . Yikes!
waterstorage.jpg

Parked next to my buddy's new to him 100 at work
100parking.jpg

Fixed my buzzing wiper relay tonight. Thanks for sharing that post

Recent rains have made south Alabama a sloppy mess. Chasing frogs in Conecuh National Forest I encountered road conditions like this.

DSCN6346A.JPG

I lit up the green light

DSCN6351A.JPG

hugged the high right side of the slop and drove through.

Coming back I was less attentive, became temporarily detained in the muck, but was rescued withe the Warn 12k.

DSCN6348A.JPG

Started on putting transfer case back together and found I needed rear output shaft and bushing, took off cleaned, painted and put back on a/c and alt. bracket, remounted a/c and alt built adj. bracket for the idler that took the place of the smog pump. Replaced clutch fork boot, clutch slave cyl., slave cyl. hose, replaced brake master cyl. , cleaned and painted the frame rails....just got a box of parts from Onur so I'll be doing a lot more today.

@Godwin ..... Recent rains have made south Alabama a sloppy mess. Chasing frogs in Conecuh National Forest I encountered road conditions like this.

"Chasing frogs" ....... Research or dinner? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom