New Bolts-Yellow Zinc JIS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking at close to March for new stock?

Still working on getting a new supply. I don't think I'll have full kits by March, possibly late March, but not certain yet.

If you can use a partial kit, PM me and I might be able to get you something if you have a project in the works.

It's been a longer process than I had hoped, but I am slowly getting there. I will hopefully be releasing info soon about an update to the bolt kits, and some expanded offerings in stainless and bulk hardware. My goal is to replicate the OEM hardware as closely as possible in both carbon steel and stainless and I think I am almost there. Thanks for the patience, and please stay tuned for more info!

Some teaser pics of both the new Yellow Zinc and Stainless offerings. I am pretty excited on how these are looking. Should be the first time correct JIS sized stainless is offered to the Cruiser community. To take it one step further, all stainless will be A4-70 (316), a notch above hardware store A2 (304) stainless.

I am taking my time to verify quality and production here in the US, so it has been a test of patience. But in the end, I will have lab confirmed certificates for everything I sell.

YZN Samples.jpg
Stainless Samples.png

I can't wait. I'm in dire need of a set. The more I tear down my '77 FJ40 the more SAE low-quality junk bolts I find from the previous owner.

I went through all the bits and pieces I still have left over the weekend and was able to come up with a couple of kits (almost).

If somebody is in need of some hardware and does not want to wait for the new sets, I thought I would throw these out as an option. Please PM me for paypal info.

Partial Yellow Zinc Kit, missing M6 Flat Washers & (36 of the 50) M8x16 = $179

Complete Gold CAD Kit, except has Yellow Zinc M6x20 and M8x25 = $305

Thanks for putting this together!

Just checking back to see if there is an update for the stainless kits?

Still coming....long process to make sure everything is correct. Had to reject the first two sample sets as they did not meet chemistry and tensile testing. But I am fairly hopeful that he's got everything correct now and we're getting closer to final production. Thanks for the patience, I'm excited to show everyone the final products.

Is there a current listing of total kits and pricing in gold zink if so on what page or other. I am ready to place an order please PM me so I can move forward. Best Skip Landon

Some teaser pics of both the new Yellow Zinc and Stainless offerings. I am pretty excited on how these are looking. Should be the first time correct JIS sized stainless is offered to the Cruiser community. To take it one step further, all stainless will be A4-70 (316), a notch above hardware store A2 (304) stainless.

I am taking my time to verify quality and production here in the US, so it has been a test of patience. But in the end, I will have lab confirmed certificates for everything I sell.

View attachment 1225551 View attachment 1225552

Very nice copy of the OEM head style. I like it, especially the stainless. I look forwards to converting all my existing hardware-store stainless hardware back to JIS specs.

******SOLD****** I purchased a yellow zinc set from Dave in December 2014. I had purchased these in preparation for a restoration. Unfortunately, life has gotten busy and other things have consumed my time. I'm in the process of posting and parting out my FJ40. I'm happy to sell this kit for $200 including shipping to Cont US. Everything is still together, I have not used even one piece of the kit, in fact, it is still in the plastic bags and box that I originally received it from Dave. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom