Put Mattracks on the 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have wanted a set of Mattracks for years. Finally pulled the trigger.

I have built/enjoyed several full track vehicles over the years but this is the first like this. I am very impressed with the truck. Open diffs running through a stretch of muck that recently stuck my LMTV and D7 dozer. It ran through nicely. Here is a video.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Had to reinforce the draglink.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes. My tires are 33" and the drive sprocket on the tracks is 18" so it gains a lot of mechanical advantage. We have been playing with this rig each day since the track upgrade and have some feedback.

1. I don't like using the 6 lug to 8 lug adapters. I plan for future needs when we build and I see the adapters as having drama long term. Don't get me wrong, they are VERY well made and were designed smartly. The problem I see is for future service needs. There are some countersunk screws that hold the 2 piece adapters together. They have allen heads and I see them being needed to be drilled out when the allen heads round out. Except for these screws these adapters are good to go. I will most likely swap the axles out with8 lug Ford 9" portals to gain another 5" of clearance under the diffs.

2. These tracks are excellent for floating across very soft terrain but they do not work worth a darn for pulling out stuck vehicles. They do not bite and pull because of the very low 1.3 psi ground pressure.

We are building some ride seats much like Pink Jeep Tours vehicles to support a foster community mud run this weekend. Should be a great time.

I will post more videos from my phone.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pink jeep tour seats...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Having trouble loading more videos. Guess they are too long

Justin

Pretty awesome, I'd love some for snow on maybe a 3rz 4runner.

Very nice rig you have.

Seats will be done tomorrow

image.jpg

Done... Ready for paint and a load of kiddos tomorrow

image.jpg

Are thinking of adding any padding?

No padding. Easy to hose off and tracks are slow and smooth.

Kiddos loved the seats

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was just thinking of cold butts during the winter. Metal doesn't warm up too quickly. If it's mostly kiddos they probably don't care.

Which model od the Mattracks you have? Just wondering did those track need mod to install or can fit on to stock car? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom