Looking to buy.. Take a look!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been in the market for a FJ for a while now, I've looked a several, but nothing really what I wanted. I found this one a few hours away from me and was wanting a second opinion. As much stuff as the PO has done to it I'm sure he's a member here.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80

Take a look and let me know what you guys think!!!

Thanks
RB

It's definitely worth the trip to check it out in person. Whether it's worth the asking price is up to you based on it fitting you preferences and intended use. If I were you, and the rig was actually as good as the ad makes it out to be, I would buy it because there has been way more than $6800 in upgrades and rebuilds done.

Much as I hate to say it, I'd buy it, and mine's for sale....

@Rusco
I've seen yours on Craigslist if you would sell it for $6800 I'd buy it right now. :)

That sucker looks nice!

That's a good deal as long as the ad is 100% truthful.

Is Sasquatch its owner? You can see him just over the driver's side tail light...Just saying :lol:

00707_2ohN0vIrvMi_600x450.jpg

Buy it before I do.

The people that have commented on this know I love the 3FE. Seriously, buy the damn thing.

I plan on going this weekend.. it's about a 5 hour drive for me so I hope I don't get hosed and it breaks down on the way home.

The only thing that scares me is he's never done anything to transmission and he rebuilt the motor with some performance goodies.

What are you opinions on what he's done to the motor. I noticed that the Split Second MAF is like $800.... what's the purpose of that?

The only thing that scares me is he's never done anything to transmission and he rebuilt the motor with some performance goodies.

What are you opinions on what he's done to the motor. I noticed that the Split Second MAF is like $800.... what's the purpose of that?
Not any kind of expert on the 3FE for the 80. With the 2F, any performance increase you could squeeze out, the better.

The transmissions on these things are almost bombproof. Almost nothing ever needs to be done, except for normal maintenance, maybe.

Not any kind of expert on the 3FE for the 80. With the 2F, any performance increase you could squeeze out, the better.

The transmissions on these things are almost bombproof. Almost nothing ever needs to be done, except for normal maintenance, maybe.

Define "maintenance". Hahaha

Define "maintenance". Hahaha

So tell me, what troubles would I need to be looking out for on the trans??

and the MAF.. anyone know what the purpose that serves?

That looks like a sweet rig to buy and wheel as is. I think it's a good buy if the ad is truthful and it runs and shifts well.

@Rusco
I've seen yours on Craigslist if you would sell it for $6800 I'd buy it right now. :)
That's funny right there..... I like the looks of yours a lot, probably where mine would go if I keep it.
And with your permission,
@n00g7: Here ya go:
Toyota Land Cruiser 1994
Even my wife's saying: "Honey, let's dump the Tahoe, trade it for a nice pull truck, and I'll drive that to work, then we can keep the 'cruiser". Personally, I think it's time for a change, but hey, how often do you hear your wife telling you to keep a toy, hmmm?

Well we will see... Talked to the owner today and he had a guy text him last night and is coming by to look at it today... I can't get there till this weekend... I'm hoping someone from this forum isn't going to sweep it out from under me. but hey, first one with money gets it. I don't blame the owner.

Not sure anyone from here would grab it if you have dibs, but I would say the first person to look at it is probably going to buy it. It's about as good as you will find for that money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom