92 FJ 80 No power to fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am only getting 2.3 volts to the fuel pump. I've jumped B+ and FB, I have 12 volts at B+ and power everywhere I am supposed at the EFI relay. I'm working out of town right now and really need her up and running asap.

I lost power to the fuel pump on my 92 when wires accessible from under 2nd row corroded and fell off. Happened within 200y from dealership, so thought why pay for towing, they just came out and picked it up. $460, not complaining just stating. I have AAA now.

Might be worth checking..

Last edited:
I'm getting some power (2.3 Volts) just not enough and if I'm reading the Woe and Strife instructional correctly so long as I do not have a CEL it won't start.

Double check the power at the efi and if none then i suspect fusible link or a short in the harness

I have power all through the fuseable links.

I'm getting some power (2.3 Volts) just not enough and if I'm reading the Woe and Strife instructional correctly so long as I do not have a CEL it won't start.
When you say, "reading it correctly", I assume you're referring to the statement "NO CEL=NO START".

If the CEL is not illuminated when the key is in the ON position before cranking the starter, the EFI system is not in a ready state and this motor will not run.
However, if you are getting +12 at the B+ terminal on the check connector, the EFI relay has closed.
You might want to simply unplug the AFM connector by lifting the spring clip on the connector housing. DO NOT REMOVE THE 2 PHILLIPS SCREWS THAT FASTEN THE CONNECTOR TO THE AFM HOUSING.
A faulty AFM can sometimes cause the CE light to not illuminate.

I do have a check engine with it disconnected.

I do have a check engine with it disconnected.
Then you have found your issue. There is either a short or open on the small terminal board inside the AFM housing. Your best bet is to replace with a known good unit. Give Jason from Cruiseryard.com (@arcteryx here on mud). He's probably got what you need.
Any AFM from a 3FE motor will work from 1988 FJ62-1992 FJ80.

Then you have found your issue. There is either a short or open on the small terminal board inside the AFM housing. Your best bet is to replace with a known good unit. Give Jason from Cruiseryard.com (@arcteryx here on mud). He's probably got what you need.
Any AFM from a 3FE motor will work from 1988 FJ62-1992 FJ80.

Thanks Jon. Yes I have that, holler if you're interested.

I ordered one already before I saw the post. I can call and cancel just get me a price shipped to Lake Jackson TX

Yes. Get one from Jason at CruiserYard. Good dude.

OK AIS replaced. Now I have a check engine light but it still won't start

OK AIS replaced. Now I have a check engine light but it still won't start
Slightly loosen the banjo fitting bolt on the cold start injector on the upper left rear of the intake. If it is pressurized, then your fuel pump is working and you're getting fuel to the fuel rail.
Check for spark at the output of the coil and at the plugs.
Your EFI system is armed so you're missing one or the other.

Slightly loosen the banjo fitting bolt on the cold start injector on the upper left rear of the intake. If it is pressurized, then your fuel pump is working and you're getting fuel to the fuel rail.
Check for spark at the output of the coil and at the plugs.
Your EFI system is armed so you're missing one or the other.

Don't get your face (or a cigarette) too close to the area of the banjo fitting bolt when you are loosening it. It will spray out a little bit of gasoline.

I am not getting fuel pressure. The pump is not turning at all. If I hop it directly off of the battery it will spin, but it doesn't when wired up. I am getting power to the pump. It is kind of confusing

How many volts should I have at the pump? Right now I'm only getting 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom