RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Right Inner Guard repaired.
Repairing the Rear panels is going to be a challenge.
The previous Owner used the Vehicle for launching a Boat. Dipping the back in the 'Briny' regularly has caused much Rust!
Recently purchased replacement Floor (Mid and Rear) Panels from Real Steel Solutions. Not the best match (Mid Floor) unfortunately!
There is an extra stamping and the front Fold is different.:mad: Pretty annoying to be honest.

20150203_165649.jpg

20150203_165711.jpg

you're bloody dedicated andy! wonderful work. i should be in perth within the fortnight; will drop by if i get a chance. those incorrect panels do look bloody annoying; i know what a purist you are. dont throw any of your original steel. i may be able to use a bit of that for patch panel on my rusty 61 (im serious!) perhaps something nice to rivet over the 'larger' holes and stop the empty emu bitter cans falling out onto the road!

you're bloody dedicated andy! wonderful work. i should be in perth within the fortnight; will drop by if i get a chance. those incorrect panels do look bloody annoying; i know what a purist you are. dont throw any of your original steel. i may be able to use a bit of that for patch panel on my rusty 61 (im serious!) perhaps something nice to rivet over the 'larger' holes and stop the empty emu bitter cans falling out onto the road!

Plenty of 'Panels' (aka original Steel) coming your way Henry!

Starting the re-assembly process now.
Can someone advise or direct me to to a Link to indicate what is painted, coated, what colours (same as Body or Satin(?) Black) etc.
Any advice appreciated.
Also, as Body Mounts no longer available, are the ones from SOR any good?

Sorry, I realised I've offered up this same response in two of your threads now... I thought it felt familiar as I typed it out! Good luck with the search.

Thanks.
I have contacted Pete and found him very helpful.
Great to find a Stockist of hard to find Parts here in Australia!
Especially given the Aussie $

:lol: I meant the "good find", incredible find more like it. All good projects take a fair while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom