1972 iron pig interior swaps. What will work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just trying to find out what other people put in there rigs for interior, just trying to keep it simple

Welcome to the group!

If you're wanting buckets, there are many options. New or used. You'll need to make or buy seat brackets as the stock bench had the frame made in it. I bought Corbeau seats with their custom bench bracket that bolts up to the risers on the floor pan. If going that way, you'll run into problems with the rear heater not fitting. All can be overcome.:)

The rear seat is fine and just needs redone. the fronts can go either way AFAIC...the bench is nice, and bolts right in. Buckets are also nice, but take some work to fit> as anything in a pig will...these are somewhat difficult trucks to work on; you must be determined. like pig-headed. search the myriad of build threads and see whose got something similar to what you want and see what they did to get it...post up a few more short posts till you get pic privs and then post as many pics as you can. we all like pitcher books up in here...welcome to the sty- best seek some professional help for your family...

Persnoally, I h8 carpet in these things, but it will make it quieter and more comfy...

just trying to find out what other people put in there rigs for interior, just trying to keep it simple

If you want simple you have the wrong rig.

The 55 is unique so by definition it’s going to be challenging and or expensive every step of the way and the interior is no exception. With little to no aftermarket reproduction support finding 46+ year old usable parts is getting tougher by the day.

Seats are easy just reupholster the factory seats or find something you like and make new mounts.

Door panels again can be made or bought depending on budget but OE panels in good shape are almost nonexistent for sale and when they are they go for big $$$.

Dash caps are available but for the foam dash faces you need to either find good OE for sale or make something to fit in the hole. Poke around some of the build threads and you’ll find lots of pictures of what guys have come up with to solve this issue.

Headliners are available but again expensive and difficult.

Windshields seem to be hit and miss with availability.

Door and window rubber is available but big $$$.

No reproduction floor mats and good OE go for big$$$.

That short list above could hit could hit several thousand $$$ in a hurry.

Good luck and post lots of pictures, we love 55 pictures down in the sty.

I;ve got a BJ73 donor vehicle that I'm considering transfering the entire dash across. Add to this the suspension seats however the bench seat brackets are there which may need to be removed. Adding a Tuffy centre console to the mix as well and looking at a later date to incorporate an under dash a/c unit.

Our Aussie friends are always so ambitious- and have access to all the coolest parts...

I;ve got a BJ73 donor vehicle that I'm considering transfering the entire dash across. Add to this the suspension seats however the bench seat brackets are there which may need to be removed.

This is the ticket, right here.

There are so many similarities between the 55/7X platforms that it's perfect to investigate what will or won't work, what can be modified to work and still have an OE-ish appeal.

My motivation is a more informative and useful dash. Sure the two green lights for indicators and single blue for high beam are nice but i prefer better creature comforts like a tacho (for my diesel), digital clock, full size din, directable air vents and grab bar... The factory 55 dash is cool but but slightly lacking..

Maybe I have been spoilt the last 10yrs..

20151205_152132_001.jpg

you must be a millinial...

The 55 is unique so by definition it’s going to be challenging and or expensive every step of the way and the interior is no exception. With little to no aftermarket reproduction support finding 46+ year old usable parts is getting tougher by the day.

Seats are easy just reupholster the factory seats or find something you like and make new mounts.

Door panels again can be made or bought depending on budget but OE panels in good shape are almost nonexistent for sale and when they are they go for big $$$.

Dash caps are available but for the foam dash faces you need to either find good OE for sale or make something to fit in the hole. Poke around some of the build threads and you’ll find lots of pictures of what guys have come up with to solve this issue.

thanks for all the help. i found a new/used back seat/modifying newer Toyota buckets to fit front. ?.... does any body have 1972 fj55 wiring diagram link that they can email me.

I know the old haynes manual has a decent set of wiring schematics, if you can't find an OEM wiring manual for that year...I have 4runner seats in my half pig, but you'll need to be savvv with a welder..

thanks for all the help. i found a new/used back seat/modifying newer Toyota buckets to fit front. ?.... does any body have 1972 fj55 wiring diagram link that they can email me.

Look up @Coolerman - he has all the wiring diagrams on his website.

I;ve got a BJ73 donor vehicle that I'm considering transfering the entire dash across. Add to this the suspension seats however the bench seat brackets are there which may need to be removed. Adding a Tuffy centre console to the mix as well and looking at a later date to incorporate an under dash a/c unit.

A bit of a follow up from my previous post in this thread :)
20191115233028-00fc3658-la.jpg
i.php
i.php
i.php
i.php
i.php
i.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom