Crackers and cheese (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Crackers and cheese are a tried and true camping staple.
From the classic Ritz and Cheese whiz to Gouda on water crackers, they are fast and easy to prepare, and transport.

Our go to combo is original triscut crackers with extra sharp cheddar and dry salami.

We also like Apline Village cottage cheese spread:
SEASONED COTTAGE CHEESE

2 pounds cottage cheese, small curd
1/2 teaspoon caraway
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon Accent
1/2 teaspoons white pepper
1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon celery salt

Mix all ingredients together and chill for several hours or overnight. Serve as a condiment or as a dip.​
More on this (Apline Village Inn Las Vegas- Remembered)

Share your favorite combo

Rye triscut with salmon or garden veggie cream cheese. (Olive pimento is also the s***z if I have the time to make it).

Cheese crackers and peanut butter.

Cream cheese and Lox on rye triscuts sounds like a winner, a dash of dill would dress it up to cocktail "Horse devours" level.

I can make a meal of plain saltines and peanut butter.

In the category of "I love but the wife hates": sardines/smoked oysters/smoked herring on soda crackers.

They make salmon cream cheese, much easier.

Bman used to take the cracker thing to a new level. He'd pound them to crumbs, mix with eggs and milk and make pancakes. Surprisingly good.

The possibilities are extensive. Use tortilla chips and top with eggs and salsa. Cheese crackers and top with peanut butter. Graham crackers with marshmallow cream and chocolate. Any white cracker topped with ham and melted cheese.........

They make salmon cream cheese, much easier.
Back in the seventies Kraft sold tubes of flavored cream cheese, sausage tubes. The only flavor I remember is pimento which I hated.
I still distrust flavored cream cheese products.

Back in the seventies Kraft sold tubes of flavored cream cheese, sausage tubes. The only flavor I remember is pimento which I hated.
I still distrust flavored cream cheese products.

Philadelphia salmon cream cheese is terrific.

Smoked Fish Dip/Spread
Equal parts mayo and sour cream
Juice of 1 lemon
1 sprinkle of Old Bay
A dash of liquid smoke
A dash of paprika
Hot sauce optional
Mix in 8 to 12+ oz. of fish; I use smoked trout and or steelhead that has been in the freezer too long, or was a little over done.

Substitutions : Canned tuna or salmon, and 2 8oz. pkgs of creamed cheese for the mayo/sour cream.

I guess this would fit in as taking care of leftovers also.
Serve with favorite crackers or bread crisps.
-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom