Young Marines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
Threads
i know some of you know about the young marines and those who don't I would encourage you to find a unit around you that you can assist with :)

More about the young marines here>> www.youngmarines.com

My local unit that I am apart of is the Hudson Mohawk Young Marines we are in the capital district in NYS (the land of taxes and entitlements) lol

Our webpage >> www.hudsonmohawkyoungmarines.webs.com

If you want to post up what other YM units are doing.., we at HMYMs would love to see :)

This weekend is our recruit training and YM reinforcement encampment.

We have tons of things we are doing with the kids

Here are some shots
First aid and AED
Fire house and safety
In house instruction of basic YM
Fire watch

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Unfortunately we were not able to attend... Son had a bad asthma in the morning and wife had to go to oncall and is now on an antibiotic... I ran up to drop off our colors and an extra cover for one of the YM's who couldn't find theirs

so kinda a hectic day... But... Was able to thank several vets in the process :)

I went to a memorial service today for an old friend and former co-worker. Since he was a Marine as a kid, there were a couple of young Marines (actual Marines, just young) there to present the flag to his wife. Even though we're all just a bunch of old men now, I still can't help tearing up at those things. Taps and presentation of the flag reminded me about a lot of friends from long ago. It was a nice service and I'm glad that I went.

Thanks for sharing. I still remember very well the services for our three unit members that died after leaving Iraq. One jumped off the ship carrying our equipment, two died in single vehicle, single occupant crashes. All within a year and a half of coming home. Very moving.

Thanks, Ed.

How are things with you?

Thanks for sharing. I still remember very well the services for our three unit members that died after leaving Iraq. One jumped off the ship carrying our equipment, two died in single vehicle, single occupant crashes. All within a year and a half of coming home. Very moving.

I forgot to share, the one that took his own life by jumping off the ship was a former Marine. He was one of about 25 former Marines in our unit that wanted to be part of the war, but the Marines wouldn't take them back.

I'm doing better every day. I get support from many directions. The harassment was only coming from one direction, and I'm not a part of that organization anymore.

Good deal. I'm glad to hear it. :)

I'm doing better every day. I get support from many directions. The harassment was only coming from one direction, and I'm not a part of that organization anymore.

Taps and presentation of the flag reminded me about a lot of friends from long ago.

Spent some time as a "Notification Officer" and "Funeral Detail OIC"..Toughest Job(s) I ever had.

@JohnnyC and @oldschool4wheeling ...Thought you guy's would like this!! Not really young Marines, more like old man office "art dejour".

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

That is awesome, keep up the work. We all need to show the youngsters proper firearm safety, and help them understand the firearm isn't the evil one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom