Favorite PH3 Bit To Remove Oil Pump Cover? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used the Bosch #3 1" bit mentioned at the top of this thread which worked well with the same technique as mentioned above, however would like to find the JIS bits, who sells them?

I got mine from a company called "Vessel". My only issue is they don't make them with a standard 1/4" hex shank or square drive that I could find. The ones I got are 8mm hex.

Sounds good. I'll post back next weekend with how it went. On another note, my local dealer just quoted me $117 for new drive belts. I think I'll head back with part #'s for him. ;)

Heat should help because aluminum expands more than steel, but how much this will help a 5mm screw isn't clear.

Forgot to ask...I've got a 30mm deep socket for the crank bolt. Is there enough room for a deep or do I need to buy a shallow?

IMO, it is just easier to remove everything up front, radiator, condensor, etc and have a straight shot at everything when doing this job. It is much nicer to work in a non cramped space and it really only takes about an hour more time to remove everything front the front clip.

Forgot to ask...I've got a 30mm deep socket for the crank bolt. Is there enough room for a deep or do I need to buy a shallow?

do yourself a favor and remove all the stuff from up front, if you have an air comp a pulley holder (napa) and a big air gun makes the nut much easier......

Dewalt impact grade #3 gold colored Phillips worked well for me. Clean the screw head well, tap/hammer in the bit about 15 times, get the 1/4" electric impact on it without breaking the bit "bite" and they should come right out. Hopefully.

It'd be handy if *someone* put a kit together with a couple JIS or good quality PH3 bits, some replacement torx screws and the appropriate Torx bit, all in a baggy and available for online order.

Yeah, that was my thought too. Maybe HE needs to make a package deal!!
At least I know where to get my lo pressure PS hose now.

It'd be handy if *someone* put a kit together with a couple JIS or good quality PH3 bits, some replacement torx screws and the appropriate Torx bit, all in a baggy and available for online order.

For those not in the know, I'll ruin the joke by stating that he means @NLXTACY . There, I said it.

Least I hope he does.

Ugh, so I keep thinking about kitting up packages like this but it doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. I don't really dig copying someone else's efforts. But if there is a need then I could consider.

Seems like a lot of people don't know where to get JIS bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom