1965 FJ40 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453557381.834841.jpg

Got her back,all new brake system, new fuel pump, fuel filter, lines, gas tank, rebuilt carb, and she started right up, now time for new master and slave for the clutch, new water pump and she ready to drive for a while!

Sent from my iPhone

i think the dates were late 65? 66-71 the tubs didnt have footman loops on the corners... but... they did on the doors.... went back to footman loops on the corners 72-74 regardless of hardtop or soft top

My 8/67 and my 4/68 both have them, might be that they were European export.

@Cruiser68

Toyota sent ALOT of areas CKD 'complete knock down' "kits"

Not really a kit as in a complete car in a box ... But... Parts in a shipping container and then assembled in the origin country

Europe had a few places that got them. These were done mostly to comply with local gov laws ... Such as to 'buy national' laws

Yours may be that... Didn't you have the hella directionals?

Their 'kits' were what parts the licensed assemblers received from Toyota and at times had local companies supply parts to comply with the buy national laws... So not all parts on those vehicles were manufactured in Japan ... Some local ... I think it was Finland had local produced seats for the cruisers the received as CKD for example ...

The biggest example of this is the way Toyota Brazil started

I do not have it with me ... But I did have a list someplace of the different areas that received CKD's

Hope that makes sense ... I'm at a kids birthday party and its kinda hectic lol

In order to not derail the thread ... PM me to talk further :)

My apologies @whiskeythrottle67

Cruiser will be happy for a drive !!! Mine hates sitting and watching the world go by :)

Last edited:
I would send out your carb to one of our resident carb gurus and have them rebuild it ... A weber is ok... But imho the orig carb is better

What's not stock ... The carb or the float ?
The entire carb is not stock, had it rebuilt but the new float is still sticking.

unfortunately since you just sent it away to get all that work done... i doubt you'll recoup all your money. Craigslist and mud are great ways to try and sell your truck. Make sure the doors and hardtop are on it when you sell... that adds $$.

If you're new to FJ's one of the best things you can do initially is download and print all and every factory service manual's (FSM) that you can. If you search this site most are avaialbe. I've probably printed out 700 pages or more so far. Extremely helpful. Best of luck, these things are too fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom