Trusting boost gauge or overboost light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My question is im running a auber digital boost gauge on my 1hd-ft. When i hit about 11 psi on the gauge the factory orange overboost light comes on. My understanding is that light comes on around 14 psi. Is the overboost light a reliable indication of too much boost or should I just trust the boost gauge reading. I always back off when I see the light as im still running the factory turbo.

The Auber gauge is very accurate and I would consider the display correct as long as it is properly installed. One way to check accuracy is to check the reading at various elevations without the engine running. The reading is gauge pressure so you will see 0 psi at sea level and negative readings for higher elevations. As long as these reading are correct I would trust the gauge. Auber is in Georgia and very helpful if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I don't think that we have Auber here in the US, but if it is a new quality gauge and you are tapped into a good boost source, I would trust the gauge more than the light.
Auber is an American company.

I would trust the the Auber over the factory overboost light assuming the Auber is correctly installed and calibrated.

Where are you locating the boost sensor for your Auber ..?

I've seen the overboost light on less than 14 PSI sometimes ..

Where are you locating the boost sensor for your Auber ..?

I've seen the overboost light on less than 14 PSI sometimes ..

This was my question too. If the Auber sensor is near the intake, and the factory sensor is just off the turbo, you can expect some variance in the readings which would explain what you're seeing.

The location for both are in the same position just before the intake manifold. Im pretty sure its installed correctly i followed the instructions and its doing what it is designed to do what would i expect to see if it is not installed correctly. Im using the 303 boost pressure sensor. Whick reqires a 8mm id hose which i thought was odd as most boost gauges use much smaller hoses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom