My Armrest Doesn't Stop When It Used To (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
On my 100 series, the front seat armrests used to operate by pulling them all the way up and then lowering it to where you want it and it would lock. To lower it further you would have to raise it back to the upright position and down to the lower position. Suddenly the drivers side quit doing this and now won't lock so whenever I put my arm on it, it falls. However, the passenger side armrest works just fine....Has anyone else experienced this and would know what the problem was/how to fix it?

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1404766067.559556.jpg

Official Jeep Recovery Vehicle

Keep trying. Don't go all the way to the top but stop at the ppoint where it locks.

Wait.....
Step 1 - The rest needs to be all the way down
Step 2 - Raise the rest. The point where you stop is the point where it locks
Step 3 - Raise it to the top limit then it will drop to the lowest position, repeat Step 2.
If this is what you are doing and its not working, then the stop detent mech is broken. Might be worth pulling it and taking a look at the mechanism in case its a simple fix. If not, find one at a wrecker?

Were you able to fix this? A LC that I'm looking at buying has the same issue.

Thanks!

@Perfectmax No I have not found a solution. I removed the armrest and found nothing broken or out of the ordinary. I put one of those tubes of hand wipes under it to hold it up and to wipe my hands off after working on the truck hahah.

So, I have a customers vehicle, experiencing the same issue. Seats recovered, and now the stop detent mechanism isn't working. What's needed to fix this? Anybody have success at it?

I just removed my armrest for seat cover installation. I now suffer from the same issue. I'll work on a solution tomorrow and post it when I find it. I will find it!

I just removed my armrest for seat cover installation. I now suffer from the same issue. I'll work on a solution tomorrow and post it when I find it. I will find it!
Please do! I’m going on like 7yrs with it not functioning properly. I’ve been using a pair of leather gloves (for winching) and a cylindrical tube of wet wipes to support it over the years

Easy.

Remove the armrest again. Line up the square fitting such that it will "stop" at the lowest setting with the bolt installed but not fully tightened. You also need the circular plastic grommet for it to work.

I just did it on my driver's seat.

Last edited:
There will be an orientation that works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom