Fuel Gauge sticking more and more... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It used to only do it after a wheeling trip when i would come down pretty hard on a slider. After i would leave and head home my fuel gauge would always be stuck above full. I would have to remove the middle row of seats, take the cover off to access the fuel pump, jiggle it and button everything back up.

Well now, it seems to stick at full after i fill up about 1 every 5 times. :mad: This method of removing the seats and all is getting old quick.

All the wires look OK, a little discolored from the fuel. Will i need to buy an entire fuel pump assembly to get the fuel level gauge?

I don't know anything about the fuel pump as I've never seen it or anything, but maybe it needs to be lubed up. Just my 2 cents.

The float is getting hung up inside on the baffle. Mine did the same thing. Mine just stuck. I had to bend the float arm to clear the baffle and get it to move again. But I had my gas tank out so I could lift and tilt it to hear if the float moved.

The float is getting hung up inside on the baffle. Mine did the same thing. Mine just stuck. I had to bend the float arm to clear the baffle and get it to move again. But I had my gas tank out so I could lift and tilt it to hear if the float moved.
I have the same problem. I was wondering what it could be. Thanks for the tip. Now to get digging....

OK, this is back and it is now happening every single time i fill up. I"m going to pull assembly out and bend the arm and see if i can make sure it's not hanging up. I'll try to report back

Was your fuel gauge needle slow to move after adding gas to the tank? Interested to hear what you find.

it has always been slow to move, in my opinion. But now when i fill up, it extremely slowly just keeps moving past the full mark until it's obviously WAY above... then it never moves.

I did pull the assembly out to replace the fuel pump a few month's ago, but i tried to be super careful not to bend the arm.

I was looking at the baffle and i am thinking that the arm goes on the outside of the baffle? Anyone know?

Oh man I really don't remember. I want to say outside but it also makes sense to go on the inside maybe for a more accurate reading (less sloshing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom