Brake Booster Questionable........how much vac should it hold?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A sock booster should last 15-20 years+

Good luck though, 2012 was 3+ years back now.

My bad, purchased it in May 2015, not 2012; I installed it in May 2015 earlier this year. Sorry bikersmurf, now you know why I am frustrated :bang:. According to some of the experts they don't even rebuild those units, as rebuild kits/parts have not been available for quite some time. Either way disappointed with SOR.

Next unit will come from Racer 65

SOR says they will rebuild mine if I send it back, I still believe I will buy one from Racer 65 though...................

check whether your year truck/brake system needs a dual or single diaphragm booster

check whether your year truck/brake system needs a dual or single diaphragm booster
Never knew there were dual diaphragm boosters. Do you know which years these were installed on? Mine is 77 Ca. truck--I was contemplating an overhaul(if I could find parts) but would be good to know if it is single or dual--

My bad, purchased it in May 2015, not 2012; I installed it in May 2015 earlier this year. Sorry bikersmurf, now you know why I am frustrated :bang:. According to some of the experts they don't even rebuild those units, as rebuild kits/parts have not been available for quite some time. Either way disappointed with SOR.
That's more what I was figuring... I'd loan you my old ones to use while SOR fixed that one... But you're a good days drive away ;)

Never knew there were dual diaphragm boosters. Do you know which years these were installed on? Mine is 77 Ca. truck--I was contemplating an overhaul(if I could find parts) but would be good to know if it is single or dual--

Quick summary:
  • Cruisers with all drum brakes have single diaphragm boosters. That's model years 7/'70 to 9/'75
  • Cruisers with front discs / rear drums have dual diaphragm boosters. That's 10/'75 and later
  • Parts are still available to rebuild single diaphragm boosters (at a price), but not for dual diaphragm boosters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom