Bonnet Protector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

but seriously, if it hasnt been sorted, ill throw my hat in, i need to get a pair anyways. If someone else has already spoken for them, would ordering another set be an option for us "door vent" folks?
OKOKOK.....they're yours if you want 'em

Skinny or full size? Need to pull a price together.

PROGRESS REPORT

1. Test Fitment (CHECK)
2. Order Shipping Supplies (CHECK)
3. PM Payment Instructions to Subscribers / Collect PayPal Transfers (Later Today)
4. Ship via USPS (This Week)

upload_2015-11-28_6-36-50.png

PROGRESS REPORT

1. Test Fitment (CHECK)
2. Order Shipping Supplies (CHECK)
3. PM Payment Instructions to Subscribers / Collect PayPal Transfers (Later Today)
4. Ship via USPS (This Week)

View attachment 1168131
Obviously you need to pick up the pace somewhat. :lol:

To late, I've already arranged the bank loan to purchase one.
Exchange rates, fuel costs and shipping materials have all moved quite a bit since the original "prospectus" estimates, so you might want to buy your banker lunch to renegotiate the line. :)

I have ordered two sets of these - slimline and "big boy" versions for testing. They are lightly smoked gray, not clear.

just a bit of advice from my experience... I got the smoked gray as that's all that was available in oz at the time. But I have deep tinted windows and i now wish i'd gotten the clear, as I now have a black spot with the windows up, especially at night. but if you don't have a tint then the smoked gray will be ideal.

Hello Wardharris,
I never looked at this thread as i am not interested in a bug deflector. Damienperu recently clued me in: i am interested in the weathershields for my troopie, which has the quarter vent windows. If i have a choice, i want the slim ones, clear and colourless; colourless looks like it's rare; if you can get slim for my model's doors, i'm a buyer.
And thank you.

Hello Wardharris,
I never looked at this thread as i am not interested in a bug deflector. Damienperu recently clued me in: i am interested in the weathershields for my troopie, which has the quarter vent windows. If i have a choice, i want the slim ones, clear and colourless; colourless looks like it's rare; if you can get slim for my model's doors, i'm a buyer.
And thank you.
We ordered two sets of side wind deflectors (one slim, one larger). Both sets are very lightly tinted in a "smoke" style - much, much lighter than the bonnet protectors (which are dark/charcoal). You can barely tell they are tinted, if at all.

The set of trimline protectors is sold. The large ones are still available and.....well.......larger, but I believe they are quite a bit more functional, providing significantly more protection from wind and rain.

If you want the slimlines, it will be a month (or more) before we order again, based upon demand for the bonnet protectors.

Sold. PM sent.

Last edited:
Here are the larger of two versions of side shields. The bigger ones are growing on me (no pun intended). The photos are pretty accurate as to tint - very light and barely noticeable. Top photo is best for understanding how light the tint is.

No vents in my 75 so just resting and not properly installed (couple of screws to into the vent window frame), but you can get the idea.

Will let you all know when we are getting ready to order next batch - along with options (vent, no vent, tint, etc.) and pricing.

I would imagine the larger ones would be quite nice on a non-AC rig in the middle of a hot state.....should cut down the wind noise and buffeting.

As for the 70 Series without vent windows, it is unclear from the vendor catalogue whether we can get these to fit. Will find out and report back.

upload_2015-11-29_16-38-45.png

upload_2015-11-29_16-36-15.png

upload_2015-11-29_16-36-45.png

upload_2015-11-29_16-37-27.png

upload_2015-11-29_16-38-4.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom