Jacuzzi J-375 Not Heating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With snow approaching Saturday here in Chicago along with temps in the 20's I need to get this baby up and rocking asap. I was hoping someone here could maybe give me a couple tips on directions to look first. I'm working on my 2005 Jacuzzi Model J375 and can't get it to heat. I have the technical manual and the exact problem I have isn't described in the troubleshooting section. (display lock illuminated and wont unlock, just filled after a broken pipe repair so current water temp is about 55 degrees F, displays COOL and ICE and current temp, temp set to 100 degrees, jet pump one running and icon for it flashing, don't think Circ pump is running but FLO is NOT displayed, heat indicator not on, flow indicator switch isn't moved up against the rod) Saw maybe @Radd Cruisers or @tltaylor22 may have some help for me :) THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

It's the board... and I found a small leak on heater...Thinking I'm going to scrap it out. :( Just can't justify the $$$ to fix 10 year old tub that very well could have more problems uncovered once these 2 items are rectified.

I was going to scrap our 1989 vintage Lifestyle spa when the motor seized. Found a replacement spa pack at spadepot.com for $500 back in 2011. Still working well. If it is a leak in the piping, that is another story. A friend of my wife's just bought one a few months ago for CAN$7K, and it is a piece of junk (Signature Spa). Already one of lights is leaking. The wooden frame was stapled together!

I was going to scrap our 1989 vintage Lifestyle spa when the motor seized. Found a replacement spa pack at spadepot.com for $500 back in 2011. Still working well. If it is a leak in the piping, that is another story. A friend of my wife's just bought one a few months ago for CAN$7K, and it is a piece of junk (Signature Spa). Already one of lights is leaking. The wooden frame was stapled together!

Yea, my concern is that once these known bad components are replaced and we start using it that there are additional cracked lines in the insulated portion of the tub. I may spend some time messing with it in the spring. I did manage to find a reman board for about half price.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I've switched industries and now design firearms. I've been AWOL for a while. I just got back from the Baja 1000 and work went crazy on me.

Sorry to hear about your spa problems. I'm not sure what spa control the Jacuzzi uses but your probably heading down the right path with the control board diagnostic. Usually when spas go into cool and Ice mode they run the pumps 24-7 to try to keep the water moving and not freeze. At some point they shut down and try to save the pumps. If there was water damage to the board its likely shot. A new board or entire control could be purchased but if you have found two leaks there may be more. IT all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. A new board will most likely run you $300. Chasing down leaks- that's priceless. If you wait until spring I'd advise you to undo the lower union on your pumps and make sure your drained. you can also use the blower end of your shop vac against the jets to push additional water out of the lines. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom