Another long time lurker, figured I'd say hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been lurking for a while now, and with a bit of persuasion from @ScatAdams from the 4Runner forums, I thought I'd join in on all the shenanigans over here. My truck, AKA "the Turtle" is a 2003 Silver Pine GX470. I take the truck all over the country to off road, camp, and explore. 13 states this past summer alone. I use a lot of your build threads for nifty ideas and inspiration, a lot of you have some really cool rigs. Here's a few pics of my old gal to start.

Welcome @BlackCat nice looking GX! What all have done to yours?

Welcome @BlackCat nice looking GX! What all have done to yours?
It has a metal tech rear spring conversion with trail teams FJ springs, 18" FN BFD rims with 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. HID headlights, LED lights throughout, and a few other minor things. It was a one owner truck with all the maintenance records from Lexus. I store it for the winter and am hoping to spend a ridiculous amount of money with Icon before it comes back out in the spring. I currently just ordered a set of coilovers for my Infiniti M35x which is my DD, otherwise I would've taken advantage of the Black Friday deals on the icon stuff.

Sorry saw your license plate trim on your gx, meant the other birthday. Either way nice rig and welcome. :cheers:

Just a few more from my trip this past August.

This was a quick stop at a (what seemed) like an old mostly abandoned town out in Washington state.

Blackfoot River, MT

Battle Rock Wayside, Oregon

Tackling the 25 mile Arches trail in Moab

All in all, it was a 6,300 mile cross country trip that was literally the time of my life. I made so many great memories in this truck. I plan on keeping it forever!

You wrapped the front for your trip? I should do that next time I have to drive across Kansas...big bugs!

You wrapped the front for your trip? I should do that next time I have to drive across Kansas...big bugs!
Yup. It worked out perfectly. Also served really well for brush when I was out in Kaibab National Park. Took a roll and a half of blue painters tape.
Looked like this when I pulled it off.

I have more striping now than clean paint, not much to worry about anymore! lol

I figure once it gets bad enough the liner can cover the whole truck.

I have more striping now than clean paint, not much to worry about anymore! lol

I figure once it gets bad enough the liner can cover the whole truck.
I got some pin striping in Moab, but I'm fanatical with paint. I spent over 20 hours with the buffer when I got home. My paint is like glass.

I hit logs and stuff, there is no helping me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom