First part of used motor oil foundry tested (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slapped this together in about 30 minutes just to see if it would work. Used old fire extinguisher bottles, old exhaust pipe and a SS tail pipe. Inspired from Aussie video on youtube, his name there is "oil burner" hilarious dude, you gotta check him out, so I had to try it myself. Great way to repurpose old motor oil and melt down aluminum at the same time.

This will eventually be fed into an old non functional kiln I bought at auction for $10 and I'm going to try my had at some sand casting.

Its surprising how clean it burns considering its used motor oil.

Once it starts roaring there isn't anything left, once the tank gets hot the oil vaporizes and essentially explodes. It really sounds like a turbine once it stars roaring, the aussie melted down a Subaru block in about 10 minutes with his, pretty amazing.

Reminds me of a smudge pot:

image.jpg

One of our club members has been experimenting with WVO for the last year, and has come close to burning down his garage. It is incredible the amount of heat generated, but at the same time exercise lots of caution, and don't MacGyver anything together for a permanent solution. Good luck, looks like lots of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom