What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wax on wax off.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm sure I was the only 80 in Florida with a dog house on my roof today.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448750443.199195.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448750455.264410.jpg

Had to go to a customer's house about an hour away so I loaded up my son and our fishing gear to see if we could find a pond that wasn't frozen over to fish along the way. Drove down some "B" roads that aren't maintained and stumbled upon a nice little creek that was damned up on a farmer's land. Knocked on the door and he let us fish it. It was 27 degrees out. Ice formed on our reels as we reeled in but it was sunny. The "B" roads were fun. Nice and muddy and rutted up from tractors and the recent snow. They are closed to mere mortal vehicles but not the 80.

Only pic I got was of my son warming up in the 80 afterward. I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that is as hot as my 80.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448751056.901547.jpg

Tried out the new Aussie Locker and Line-X with an afternoon trip to the nearby WMA yesterday. Rinsed her off this afternoon and took a glamour shot.
2015-11-28 17.25.36a1.jpg

I got pulled over last night. Didn't notice my passenger side headlight was out. I had my old bulbs in the glove compartment so I popped the hood and put one in. At which point the officer asked me why my driver side headlight was "so much brighter than the passenger headlight". I replied "Man, I don't know. Must be the old wiring going bad. Great..." And he let me off with a warning. Now I need to order new HIRs. I have been running the Phillips HIR bulbs for a year and one went out. Is this about how long they should last? Is there something better/brighter I should be running?

IMG_5657.JPG

Any issues with flickering with the LEDs?

Thanksgiving camping in los Padres, Santa Barbara area.

View attachment 1168256

It was damn cold
View attachment 1168257

View attachment 1168258

Check engine light came on while 20 or so miles down a dirt road on 1st day - on my own trying to meet up with some friends -Oh cr!p - Plugged in obd2 scanner - then hooked up dash command on phone and came up with a p3025 error - then remembered I had all the codes copied into my phones notes from a Beno post -

P0325: Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction: Trouble Areas: Open or short in knock sensor 1 circuit; knock sensor 1 (looseness); ECM.

I went back to enjoying my vacation!

Awesome - love this truck!

...and thanks @beno

That first picture is too freakishly safe for my taste. Fire extinguisher, raised smoker from the ground, shovel. I like more on the wild side.
I never owned a fire extinguisher in my life. The stolen one don't count.

Had to go to a customer's house about an hour away so I loaded up my son and our fishing gear to see if we could find a pond that wasn't frozen over to fish along the way. Drove down some "B" roads that aren't maintained and stumbled upon a nice little creek that was damned up on a farmer's land. Knocked on the door and he let us fish it. It was 27 degrees out. Ice formed on our reels as we reeled in but it was sunny. The "B" roads were fun. Nice and muddy and rutted up from tractors and the recent snow. They are closed to mere mortal vehicles but not the 80.

Only pic I got was of my son warming up in the 80 afterward. I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that is as hot as my 80.

View attachment 1168322

OK, I got a list of questions now:

1) pond?
2) frozen (movie?)
3) "B" roads?
4) 27 degrees?
5) ice?
6) snow?

Google cannot translate those words. Use English please.

OK, I got a list of questions now:

1) pond?
2) frozen (movie?)
3) "B" roads?
4) 27 degrees?
5) ice?
6) snow?

Google cannot translate those words. Use English please.

Inquiring minds...

1,2,5,6 are all related to water and/or precipitation. These are not terms necessary in the state of California.

3 is a rural road that is not serviced by the county. I would liken these to abandon forest roads.

4 is related to air temperature. This is the most relative to @NLXTACY since it is related to temperature. At this temperature one need not worry about their 80 overheating. Joey should really think about living in Iowa during the winter. Then again, what would we all do for bathroom reading material?!

Moved an inverter out of the center console to under the driver's seat while keeping the outlet/face place at the rear of the console just to make room for the witsend lockbox...good lord what a pain. Yes I cleaned the carpets afterwards :/

IMG_1519.JPG

While the smoker was doing all the work Thanksgiving Day I conscripted my dad to help me recover my seats. Got previously owned metric TLC front seat covers from @BJANDCJ. My installation was not perfect, but way better than old, torn, tortilla chip leather. Finished up the center arm rest and magazine holders today. Also used a magic eraser to clean the door leather and plastic--looks amazing and not sure why I never tried that.
cDsY3a8sIR3dY6gA1tp6fQ3TAO6P_SnQZ-8jJXOfkF2LAGKQvh_-nzckxvFBzSbSRXDyAkemQzIWIQhFARPXBAIh3-CJgUl9vkKThsPIWuegmP6zyDqDWWfmUb9VDRKe85-ZgzX_JCJloYWlC-GsSLkoTN2khMRK6_OTjLHNVltLtmD53x23MdQ3aChJzRnlMK2DK615l7wkd3pQ2stRQ3KSQtXNv-osIj1JSkGdAeWcw2Tm7tlMj5mf9P2E2xvWDz49nv9ptCCr1s-T9xg_FFXKCA3wJ-8CNLkjljb_n6eeqitwApc3s_0pbCCLJcfqakHCyxYnW5o0UxD_Tww5qrymgbqax6qvIlXMufXoUsUvKVzz3vtyAwXjR_O_x85DooxeJ7Ticr82UKKN5-Zqc-uyuH0lB2FO5oky5Tyl8iGseWw8OjjC0jJLfBCn_OWO-kfF0e_TX3NSVpwV2gv_M6mgkY1WREVxn4oIGmmW_LhHI_JmnPQNEsEk4A-37hpPRIm4Phwc6Reg7JSRZoJA10jVz58JXf-pi3aEAQ=w872-h654-no

Put in some 9011 low beams, really noticeable difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom