Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh, right... New brake lines ;)

I'm guessin' about 80 proof fluid?

Well when it rains it pours ... Just after the brakes went and I fixed it ... My header cracked... Down at the collector so I welded it ...but... The FetwoOthree monster strikes again it is thin and not liking to hold... Now it sounds bad lol...

But... There's more

The stainless steel muffler was also attacked by FetwoOthree and there is a hole at the seam :meh:

I am really trying to find reasons for staying in NY :)

Soooo began a search for a complete exhaust ... Found a new unused SS sor header and complete system picked it up from @TheYoungOne in Reno,Nevada

Just opened it up today ... Waiting on a few things from @beno (your good :) ) going to get the whole thing ceramic coated... Found a guy 1.5 hrs away to coat it :meh:

Some days it seems bad .. However ... it's not this bad:

This btw is my Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day and anniversary present ... Hope she likes it LOL

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well they are ceramic coated ... See pics... And was replacing the radiator hoses at the same time... Thermostat and such when broke a bolt... Tried heat and vise grips and also PB blaster... No go

Luckily I had brought my welder home from work... Welded a nut to the end... Finally backed out the bolt... Hew :)

Now I think I am on track to finish up before I am ransacked with ankle biters asking for candy

Btw thanks @beno the parts are great!!

With the temperature would rise ... Stuck at 30 right now :meh:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Personally , I would have went the route of having it Jet-Hot coated after what my ceramic did over time . But then again , this was a tri-y on a Sami 4 banger that ran some pretty high egt's when used hard . It's sure been hard getting used to a sub-4k rpm limit on the inline 6 tractor engine , I'm more used to hearing shift points north of 8500....lol .
Sarge

Not the best pic... Spotted a cruiser... Mustard Fj40 near Yarmouth Maine... Several hrs ago... Coming back from the Great North East of Maine

Would have got a better pic... But... Kids needed the bathroom and you'd think it was the end of the world

Btw speaking of world... world largest rotating globe at DeLorme in Yarmouth ... And a bathroom (very clean) lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am really trying to find reasons for staying in NY :)

why? no i mean really why?
albany is a s***hole....at least the watervliet ave and prospect ave areas are. an hour or so outside of town it gets pretty hillbillieish pretty quick.
i do like the guy that has the new york central engine in his yard along rt20 however.

Hey Johnny I thought the biggest world globe was the one in the 1964 Worlds Fair in Queens NY adjacent to the Mets stadium.

1024px-New_York_World%27s_Fair_August_1964.jpeg

I am outside of Albany ... Schodack/east greenbush/Nassau area... It's the burbs/rural...

There are many more reasons to want to go ... Not just Albany is crappy lol

The worlds fair doesn't turn :)

The one in Yarmouth revolves

I grew up on Long Island... Can't tell you the amount of times my parents had driven us past ... us seeing the globe in queens... My grandmother lived in queens ... That was the 'we're getting close' to grandmas sign :)

As well as the black water tower... But... I don't know if that's standing anymore

Went to many mets games... My brothers were met fans (me ... Yankees) we used to go in early for warmups and stayed late to get autographs ... Rusty Staub was a great personable guy... He must have chatted with us for an hr one day

@brian

Dropped Pin
near U.S. 9, Valatie, NY 12184
Google Maps

The only guy I know of is the guy on rt9 that has a train... Is this the one you were thinking? See link above and go to street view

He is down a little ways right at the Columbia county line down from the 9&20 split

I grew up in Queens Village right on the border of Queens/Nassau county line. I left NYC back in 1977 and visited annually while my parents were still there.

As a youngster my parents took us to the Worlds Fair on several occasions and was amazed each time.

I was just looking at the 1964 vs. 2015 pics and what a difference all the sites are rotting away, what a shame.

Did you know the first Worlds Fait was back in 1790?

Did not know that :)

@78fj40mg

Being on the nyc and Nassau border do you remember 'Ideal toy corp' on Hollis I think ... my grandmother worked there for 30? Years (factory worker) ... My father as well (in his youth) ... He fixed the returned toys :)

Quite a few Christmases we were opening presents were Ideal toys... Space shoes were cool and this plastic spaceship that you would spin really fast :)

the one i'm thinking of is on 20 between 88 and 155, closer to 88.
i get up there to the bakery on prospect ave 2-3 times a year.....i was just up about a month ago.

After all the work over the years and battling the rust, and continuing to do so, would you still choose steel or would you go aluminum or fiberglass for a tub if you were to do it again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom