Potential purchase - looking for input (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok thanks - here's another angle of the driver side floor -
image.jpeg

Mark's right about the rear wheel well lips, and what is the line from below the doors - that fold? Is that something that came out in '78?

This truck has hydraulic rams for the hood and they look pretty skinny to me. Is the hood as heavy as mine is or is this maybe a part fiberglass truck?

This was a quick stop on the way to the in laws - hood was up when I got there so I'm unsure - I'll have to ask.

Yes thats a nice drivers side floor ! lol
How would you feel about this deal if someone came and bought it on you !
If your not worried then keep looking but I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find another this good !
Lol - in response to southbostons comment on the clutch pedal looking low...

Parking any old Toyota outside in NY is pretty much a crime. If you buy it, please put it in a garage or a building with a moisture-impervious floor. The tub weirdness concerns me - might be a fiberglass tub or some strange repair. Still, a sharp truck that could be entirely worth purchasing, even with some odd work done to it.

Just buy the damn thing already. If you decide it's not for you, you could flip it for a quick profit to any number of folks here, including me.

Check the seams on the wheelwell tops. If they are wavy, you could be looking at an exterior overlay, not even a patch/replacement.

Those do 'funny' things once you start driving the truck.:eek:

I just got in the Tundra and hooked up the trailer. I'm headed to Buffalo. I recon I'll be there in about 10 - 11 hours. That's your reaction window :)

If you will be kind enough to PM me when you buy it that will save me some seat time and fuel costs.....

Just buy the damn thing already. If you decide it's not for you, you could flip it for a quick profit to any number of folks here, including me.

Yep. There's some strange looking fixes but someone's put a lot of effort and money into the truck. It looks too good to be true at the price but maybe it IS true. Either way it looks nice enough that there's practically no way that the price will be lost.

Not exactly your idea of the cruiser you want? Umm, well, yeah.... that's what we're ALL about.

I just got in the Tundra and hooked up the trailer. I'm headed to Buffalo. I recon I'll be there in about 10 - 11 hours. That's your reaction window :)

If you will be kind enough to PM me when you buy it that will save me some seat time and fuel costs.....
Lol you guys are relentless! I like it! Emailing the owner now with some Qs

Someone will jump on it, guaranteed..................better decide. BTW I grew up in Buffalo, Williamsville.

If you are tapped out at $10K, maybe a 40 isn't for you. These things can EASILY cost you another $10K really quick and that is just keeping it stock. Ask me, I know-have a '78 and helping with my brothers '76. There will be things, no matter how good it appears-that is just being honest. But, I wish you the best on it and welcome to the sickness!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

Keeping one nice in that area may be a challenge unless it is garaged and only driven in the Summer which is short. However, there are not many there at all. My Dad lives in Freedom, outside of Arcade, he rarely see's a 40 back there. Have you checked the numbers on it? Frame, motor and chasis? There are two to look for; one inside the drivers side door and another under the hood, behind the battery on the passengers side fender, both metal placards. Hope that helps. BTW East Aurora is one of the nicest places back in that area IMO.

All that said it does look quite solid, your one pic shows the A pillar placard.................

Keeping one nice in that area may be a challenge unless it is garaged and only driven in the Summer which is short. However, there are not many there at all. My Dad lives in Freedom, outside of Arcade, he rarely see's a 40 back there. Have you checked the numbers on it? Frame, motor and chasis? There are two to look for; one inside the drivers side door and another under the hood, behind the battery on the passengers side fender, both metal placards. Hope that helps. BTW East Aurora is one of the nicest places back in that area IMO.
That does help, thanks - I haven't checked but will. I grew up in EA and found my way back - looking forward to having my boys grow up here. For what it's worth that's the plan - garaged October - April - used as a second vehicle for me in the spring summer fall on nice days - to start at least.

Sounds like a plan, your boys will LOVE it-kids know! JohnnyC is a super knowledgeable guy in the Albany area-I would pick his brain too. Keeping them as original as possible is money in the bank with their values. No rush on repairs, I take my time and do runs up here in the Mtns-we are at 5300 ft here in Prescott area.

Frame number is on area up near bumper on passengers side.....hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom