13BT Diesel puzzle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need some guidance, does anyone know if there are two sizes of 13BT cam bearings as my replacements are too small for the block but fit the cam?

If so do you know the part no. for larger cam bore in the block?

TIA

Cheers

Yes found that out, there is two types of cam bearings one has a "A" part no. suffix and one has a "B" part no. suffix, the "B" is the larger o.d.
There is also 4 versions of Pistons - one with no suffix on part no. And others have "1,2,3"
Found out my originals were 2's, have to exchange those parts.

Thanks

The OEM catalog lists them, my aftermarket replacements are 6 thousandths too small. So I need to get them replaced, my old ones have No.2 stamped on top surface. They are from Australia.
image.jpeg

Waiting to hear what Engines Australia has to say about the Pistons. Ordered new cam bearings 700B type., new frost plugs. Got new lifters, cam regroups, new rockers on the way, and hoping we are getting close to assembly.
Head and valves turned out to be good.

Update on saga

Got semi-finished proper liners installed, pistons are now proper fit.

Frost plugs and proper cam bearings arrived.

Gaskets in as well.

Just would like to have a matched set of 2 or 4 con rods to get the engine balanced.

Any help out there would be greatly appeciated.

Thrust washer grooves go against the rotating surface, ie the crank.
What is the problem with the rods. did you check for correct matching and then keep them together when you dissasembeled?
If they are not mismatched, then bang them back in, diesels are big and heavy and slow reving and your money would do better on balancing the crank, and even then, not really necessary unless you changed the pulley or flywheel. Did you mark the flywheel position ??

Thrust washer grooves go against the rotating surface, ie the crank.
What is the problem with the rods. did you check for correct matching and then keep them together when you dissasembeled?
If they are not mismatched, then bang them back in, diesels are big and heavy and slow reving and your money would do better on balancing the crank, and even then, not really necessary unless you changed the pulley or flywheel. Did you mark the flywheel position ??
Two are 69 grams heavier.
I did not mark the flywheel, will have to get them balanced.
Thanks for the input.

Two are 69 grams heavier.
I did not mark the flywheel, will have to get them balanced.
Thanks for the input.
We're finding similar things with isuzu diesels. But noone yet has a good reason why.

I'm not sure how that could happen, unless the different year versions had different weights to their rods.

Do you think it might have been done that way on purpose?

I'm not sure how that could happen, unless the different year versions had different weights to their rods.

Do you think it might have been done that way on purpose?
Yes I think it's intentional. But it's too long since my classes on balancing for me to come up with a reason why.

Well we are on the road to reassembly. Got engine from machine shop and have a question...

Do the Center cam bearings have only one oil hole to align?

Help would be appreciated! Thanks

image.jpeg
Help needed are the three silver frost plugs proper? The two bottom ones appear to close of oil gallery.
image.jpeg

13BT frost plugs under timing cover, are these needed as two seem to plug oil galleries.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

That looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom