Michelin Defender LTX M/S (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running these new Michelins? I'm interested in some feedback. Looking to throw a set of 295/70R18 on my new to me 06 LX470.

I was considering the KO2 but does not come in the size I want. Only other tires that I would consider are Toyo At2 and Terra Grappler, but road noise is a turn off.

their not bad but michelins tend to dry rot after a few years. ltx are not the most off road capable tires, if your looking for a more mild at the terra grapplers arnt bad and a few guys from work like the cooper discovery at3

i have them on my first gen runner (they were on it when i bought it) and i spin out every time i take off from a stop even if it's even remotely wet. i just read that a guy who has them on his 80 says his sucks when it's wet out too.

Ive had two sets so far on my Tacoma. 260000 miles on 3 sets of tires. 40k original, 110k on the first set of Michellins and about 110k on the current set. This set seems to be wearing better as I still have 6/32 tread left on all four tires. Im getting ready to place the truck into dirt/wood/mulch/junk hauler status after I buy a LC or LX and if I need to replace this set before the truck dies, I will replace with some type of aggressive tread design. They are great tires!

You can wheel with LTX's.

DSC00890%252520%2525281024x768%252529.jpg

DSC01571.JPG

just make sure you get the LT light truck version. I ran these on a truck I used to have and loved them. They also held up to viscious rock trails with no issues.

The Toyo AT2 is a great tire, but they are noticeably louder than the LTX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom