Rostra Security / Keyless Entry System Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
My '94 has a dealer fitted Rostra security system with keyless entry. Apparently this was a popular option for a few different Toyota models.
Does anyone have a manual, installation instructions or anything that gives some idea of its capability? My alarm triggers randomly but other than a trigger switch under the hood I am unable to find any other trigger zones. Fault finding blind just sucks.

There is practically no useful info out there for this alarm, it was not a very common install that I could find. Under the dash is the brain box as well as a separate shock sensor if I remember right. It's a been a while but I believe the shock sensor is adjustable. It took me years to figure out what unit I had in my truck and to figure out the correct key fob as my truck didn't come with one when purchased. If you pull the main box there will be some model info on it and if you search that you can find the key fobs. This website was practically the only info I could find anywhere on this alarm:

How to Reprogram Your Key Fob Remote Entry Transmitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom