What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not the weekend but today I loaded some of the family up in the 80 series and went down to the river to drive through some big mud holes and a water crossing. My father in law was giggling like a school girl in the back seat. We got home and I told him it was time to load up in his Tahoe and go back and do it again. He said no way my Tahoe would never make it through that. I just laughed.

Not the weekend but today I loaded some of the family up in the 80 series and went down to the river to drive through some big mud holes and a water crossing. My father in law was giggling like a school girl in the back seat. We got home and I told him it was time to load up in his Tahoe and go back and do it again. He said no way my Tahoe would never make it through that. I just laughed.

My son and I were just down in IC earlier today. Doing a little fishing in the rain.

Not the weekend but today I loaded some of the family up in the 80 series and went down to the river to drive through some big mud holes and a water crossing.

Whats a river? Sounds like it might be linked to water crossing?

Last edited:
I think wikipedia explains that. Maybe some pictures there too.

The Cali folks will have to google what water is after they google what a river is.

Finally got my h42 swap going. Drove it for the first time in 4 years today. Pedals are more even than they look.

Last edited:
I found out what it is :bounce:
It's the blue drawing a map.

A few years back I did a 2 1/2 year spell in England. Rained more days than it didn't. Wheeling (Green laning to the English) there was not short of mud, rivers and fords.
Maybe el nino will give us something to smile about...

Yep, underneath, to draw through at lower speeds, but not obstruct at higher speeds
IMG_20151127_175850.jpg

Sorry for the terrible photo, but hopefully you get the idea

So the poor old girl is starting to show her age, had a few little headaches in the last couple of weeks, developed an oil leak from the timing cover, which turned out to have been caused by the balancer flogging out the key and keyway on the crank, so the motor came out, and found the turbo which was rebuilt less than a year ago has developed shaft play causing the compressor wheel to hit the housing :eek: On the bright side, I've caught all these issues before they developed into much bigger problems (spun balancer, smashed compressor wheel), so a ground and balanced crank, all new bearings, seals and balancer are going in the motor, and the Garrett is making way for a customised GTurbo, @gbentink has kindly agreed to make me a BBX to suit my requirements :D which also requires me to customise a new dump pipe to suit...parts for that are on their way from XXi :cool: Once it all goes back together, it's back on the dyno to see what difference all this will make....hopefully at least another 50 ponies and considerably increased torque thanks to the quicker response from the smaller turbo

IMAG0704.jpg
IMAG0703.jpg
IMAG0708.jpg
received_10153268744001235.jpeg
Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 5.59.23 pm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom