Rear brakes click now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whiteriverlawncare.com
Did rear brake rotor and pads today. I've got a slight click sound now when in reverse. I think it involves the parking brake shoes. So these need to be adjusted after a rotor swap? Didn't change the inner park brake shoes, only the pads.
Thanks

Bump

You might have lost some of the "pad support plates" when you swapped pads. Other possibility is the anti-squeal shim pads that go on the back of the pad. Most replacement pad kits don't included these support plates or shims, so you need to recover them from the old pads.
02900710_Page_1.jpg

I got it figured out what I did wrong. For FJC's the other forum seems to have a lot more activity. I wasn't aware of the peep hole in the rotor to change the adjustment wheel at the bottom with the rotor on. Once I figure that out, was able to correct it.

The parking brake shoes were catching on the inner drum of the rotor because they were too loose. Man is that a puzzle inside that rotor....

I have to tear my e-brakes down again... I replaced them because one side was warn to the steel. (I guess mud found its way into the line and had them constantly engaged). But they still are crazy weak and don't hold the truck. With a MT this is not good at all...

Mine started to roll at my parents place while it was in gear. Luckily i was still in the truck. It went through 3 compressions before it stopped.

I've gotta get back in there on one side to replace a sprung spring. I'll try and add some notes on things I learned while doing it the second time. The key in the peep hole on the rotor for Adjustment wheel. That's probably not the correct name for that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom