Builds GXOG: My 2003 GX470 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was told (and felt) that the 2.0 shocks were flexing like mad. Ride is 100% over the worn out squishy Iron Mans :p

when ever you get a chance can you please post a picture of the side view from the spare tire to relation to the door I would like to see how much space between tire and the rear door .thank you

I will get you one, just have to find/take it. I can't believe I have been building this thing since 2011! I just got a facebook flashback to the day I started. Sheeesh!

11237579_10153263782463123_3577182943630108183_o.jpg

So I replaced the lower control arm bushings in the front today. That is not a fun process. I had aftermarket poly bushings I intended to use, but ended up destroying all the OEM metal bits I would need to install them, so I got OEM bushings.

If anyone wants a set of poly bushings for cheap, let me know (they are already greased :p)

It is all in the build thread. You can keep your flares but they will have to be cut. I got mine direct from iron man 4x4 as it is a Prado bumper

Sent from my iPhone

So I replaced the lower control arm bushings in the front today. That is not a fun process. I had aftermarket poly bushings I intended to use, but ended up destroying all the OEM metal bits I would need to install them, so I got OEM bushings.

If anyone wants a set of poly bushings for cheap, let me know (they are already greased :p)

OH @123ROBERTELEE and I can vouch for this ... Did you have trouble getting the cam bolt Assemblies out?... mine were frozen solid inside the sleeve ... Thankfully my lower bushings where so clapped out i could fit a chop saw blade between the bushing frame to cut them out ... I think it took us 9hrs to swap out the upper and lower control arms ... what a nightmare

One was frozen, air hammered the end off and drove it out, cleaned it up and replaced it

Sent from my iPhone

My shifter seems to have lost its manhood. Floppy. Hope I can figure out how to fix it vs the spendy part

Sent from my iPhone

Anyone get floppy shifter disease? Going to see what I can do to fix without replacing the whole mechanism

Had to order the assembly to fix ($200). However my wife got me icon expedition Springs for the rear so I got timbren bumpstops and will be ordering icon long travel front coilovers shortly so I get upgrades!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone

wait, you've already got the long travel control arms?

No...but I will next year. Should be fine in the interim with ucas from what I have read

Sent from my iPhone

Decided to go for non-remote resi Icons as I am rarely in the high speed whoops (and the price allows me to get new OEM CVs).

New CVs due to clicking and the fact that I have to rebuild them into long travel next year and want a fresh set for that project.

What long travel setup are you thinking of?

Total chaos 2.5

Sent from my iPhone

Let me know when you're ready. I can get you the best deal you'll find anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom