LC 2006 , screen responds 5 mins after startup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone , I hope some one can help me out wid dis. I have purchased a 2006 land cruiser (japanese model) here in pakistan. The problem im facing is that everytime i start the car the screen does not respond for the first five minutes and thus you can not turn on the airconditioning. It also does not display the inside and outside temperature during this duration. After about 5-7 mins the temperature is displayed and the screen starts working normally. No mechanic in my city has any experience with this.

Just so I understand, you're stopped the whole time or you start driving while this happens?
Does this happen consistently or just sometimes?
Literally 5 minutes?

The first question sounds irrelevant, but I ask b/c for LX's there's a TSB (for 03-06 LX's) that seems specific to high speeds:
TSB EL012-05 "Some customers may experience slow reaction of the multi-display to user input when traveling at higher speeds. This will occur when the ASL is activated on the Mark Levinson Audio System. An updated Mark Levinson amplifier is available to address this situation."

About consistancy and the question on literally 5 minutes, I ask b/c there's also TSB EL002-05 (04 LCs and LXs). Even though your model is an 06, as the TSB states, you can have the same symptoms if your TX+ or TX– wires are loose at the multi–display. If you tell me it happens every time consistently and it's literally 5 minutes, I'd say it's probably not a loose connection problem (I would expect that to be intermittent).

If it happens consistently for 5 minutes b/f showing up, perhaps it's related to your Nav ECU or something? Just a thought.

If you want to do more diagnosis yourself, I'd say your first step should be to take a look at the Service Check Mode and LAN Monitor - you can see screen shots and more info in my post here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...sues-reputable-shop-diagnose.html#post5765482
This will tell you if there are DTC errors with one or more of your components. In short, hold down info button + switch headlights on and off 3 times (sounds silly but it's in the FSM).

Text for TSB EL002-05:
"MULTI-DISPLAY FUNCTIONS ARE INOPERATIVE:
"Some customers may experience various malfunctions occurring with the multi–display.
Some examples are:
- “Audio Off” is shown on audio screen while audio system is playing.
- Climate control is not responsive and may say “Check connection of the
air conditioner.”
- Map, Destination buttons are inoperative and may display “External system
not connected.”
- When pressing any button on the multi–display, the system takes 5 to 10 seconds to
respond to the user’s input.
- Outside air temperature is not displayed.
A revised multi–display has been developed to resolve these conditions.
NOTE:
If the TX+ or TX– wires are loose at the multi–display, the same symptoms will occur.
Please confirm that all connections at the multi–display are secure and that pin fit of
the TX+ and TX– wiring is good before ordering a replacement multi–display.
"

Last edited:
I occasionally have a slow response time when adjusting the temp. Takes a second or two longer to go up after I press up. I did the NAV mod correctly to watch DVD while driving. I wonder if my problem can be corrected by the first TSB you listed. If it could correct it, I wonder if they wouldn't do it since I messed around with their precious wires behind the NAV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom