What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have had a day of ups and downs but mostly ups and a bonus up thrown in for good measure. Yesterday I tore off my old bumper so I could paint it and remove the evidence of a bump the PO had at some point. Finished that today and was very impressed with the outcome. While the paint was drying i fitted an external temp guage. Very impressed with this. Remounted my bull bars just in time for my new Hella Rallye 4000 spot lights to arrive. Ripped open the box to find only one friggin' light - nothing on the amazon website said they were sold individually. Anyway a second has now been ordered cause it looked fantastic when I mounted it. To end the day my wife managed to decipher the badly worn print on the back of my remote. A quick search resulted in instructions on how to reprogram the fobs. I now have 2 working fobs..yeah.

Went snow wheeling for the first time ever on saturday in my 97 LX450! I joined the Horsetooth4wheelers in northern colorado recently and I've been having a blast wheeling with them. And today I helped @troutbum replace his leaky lspv!
12240155_1003257243046686_1835875008919332659_n.jpg

12295449_1003257206380023_5688813961773267622_n.jpg

Basically.

About as dysfunctional as the monster.. but made it around the block without issue after a new OEM fuel pump.

Appears most of the wiring is working great.. using the MAF to trigger the circuit opening relay for starting works fine, CDL works (though my CDL switch apparently has burned contacts again so the light won't turn on).. my only real issue is a dim P light on when in D (along with a bright D), and vise versa, along with a high-idle in P which makes me believe the trans computer thinks it is in gear, telling the ECU to bump it up. Have double checked all of the relevant wiring and it is correct, so at this point I'm stumped. Getting to the indicator switch on the A442F is a pain in the ass but that's the next step. Schematics show some diodes doing various things in the cluster.. but so far I haven't had to call the fire department, which is generally a win for me.

something of a writeup to follow. just wanted to deliver as promised.

"Winterized" it.

Before:
P119368.JPG

After:
P119369.JPG

From the acknowledgments in the Hiking Death Valley book: "My thanks also go to my friend Stewart Kipp for letting me borrow on several occasions his Land Cruiser, an indestructible cross between tank and mastodon that surely saved me a lot of walking."

New wheels/tires mounted today. 33x10.5r15 K02s, pro-tech wheels powder-coated white, stock suspension. Still fits in the garage, but barely. Finish is Monstalina Desert Tan. Pretty happy with the result. Front bumper is next.

IMG_0547-1.JPG

And yes, since I'm not at home I need to get my Asian Persuasion fix from somewhere!

I get that.
A half hour of parallel parking usually fixes that right up.

I never fabricated welded or cut metal for that matter. I have all these visions of how things should look like and function. today was the day. My first project

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448492393.210566.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448492403.262171.jpg

My first weld :)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448492420.135905.jpg

I will tweet the final product but here is an idea.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448492446.934090.jpg

Sammy, did you get rid of your MTRs? Nice progress on the tube doors though
Yes sir. Just had a hard time balancing them. Discount tire sent me some duratracks instead. So far great tire. Will see with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom