Camp Axe Suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There is too much crud on it right now to find any marks. Maybe I'll try to clean it up and see what I have.

I think it has been in the river a long time. I found it below a bridge that is pretty well known for stolen or illegal stuff getting tossed.

Axes are cool, but all I can think of when I think about splitting wood is how much I want to see someone buy two of these and jack up one side of an old beat up '40, throw a pair of these on, fire it up, and go to town with two running at once.
Anyone? Please?

these are a really nice axe for cutting wood, nothing you would want to hammer on with a sledge, i know your not supposed to on this type of axe but i have given a steel axe a smack once or twice in notted wood. I would use this at home with a good chopping block, but in the woods i find there is usually rocky ground and often nothing that constitutes a chopping block around. So i suggest the "beater" axe for my vehicle. If I wanted the cool looking axe the fiskars takes the cake though.
Never hit an axe on the pole with another metal object!! You risk metal chips flying into you eye or worse{plus you have just ruined your axe}(if you do hit one and it doesn't chip, you've got a cheap soft metal wannabe axe that's made of inferior metal, and not hardened appropriately--either that or it was designed to be hammered).
Most good axes are hardened to at least R-56c or better--although not to the R 61 or greater realm-that's usually reserved for fine Japanese chisels and such.
I would argue that a "cool" looking axe cannot be found anywhere other than Gransfors--but that's me
1700 broadaxe.jpg

Axes are cool, but all I can think of when I think about splitting wood is how much I want to see someone buy two of these and jack up one side of an old beat up '40, throw a pair of these on, fire it up, and go to town with two running at once.
Anyone? Please?

Now this is a smooth splitter!!

Just picked up a husqvarna 26" forest axe for about $50. Haven't tested it out yet, but I am very please with it so far. I think with an hour or two of my time I can have it on par with a wetterlings for about a third of the cost.

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom