Let's see your man cave / shop lounge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is the starting of mine, going to pour it next week and get busy framing it there after.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909497.167585.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909182.569445.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909201.317044.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909223.941632.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909244.504447.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1446909272.250935.jpg

Using a string line a found the flattest part of the shop floor, chalked out the length and width of countertop on the floor and cut all the pieces at random and laid it all out before gluing.

I chalked another line on the floor so it would glue up straight and went for it. First time I've glued this many square feet and pieces. Turned out great and the next one will be better with a few more tricks I learned along the way.

Last edited:
Here's mine. I'll post up some interior shots later. It's a raw work in progress at the moment.
View attachment 461129

Work in progress?! WTF?!?! I'm going to go hide in shame.

I just got done building some shelves in my garage and was all excited because I bought new rubbermaid containers to hold everything and they all match. hahaha

@1FZj80 That is a VERY clean and orderly shop/garage. Something I hope to have some day.

Now, what is this "broom" you speak of?

since we are talking about this .. did you guys grind inside your shop ?

I try to avoid it as much as I could but since my vice it's on my work bench sometimes there is no option and that's the main dust producer in my little space ..

I have a blower and vacuum but non seems to really keep it clean ..

I do some light grinding in the fab section or the shop. On something requiring prolonged grinding, Ill roll it outside or use the Aircology if raining outside. The machines need to be protected from abrasive environments.

Not a Man Cave (no tv) but one hell of a sound system as I enjoy quality music sounds while I work. The cake is done! now I'm putting on the icing so to speak.

Damn, add a 3D Printer with integrated 5 axis mill and that's my dream shop.

Definitely not in the large Barn or stand alone category. One of the main reasons I bought this house 8 years ago was the 4 car garage with the tall doors. I could pull my 80 on 35's in with an RTT on top

Room for two cruisers, the wife mobile and a Kimberley Karavan.

I originally used the racks from the ceiling to remove/store the RRT and Roof Rack. $150 RACOR from Amazon made removal of a heavy RTT easy for just one person. Now it stores camping gear (Oztent etc)

G1.jpg
G2.jpg
G3.jpg

Important thing it has room for all my toys

t3.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom