Removing the Front Quarter Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have the body FSM for a '94? Or can point me to the location of the bolts necessary to remove the front quarter panels? I suppose I should just suck it up, but doesn't seem like I should have to remove the front grill.

Also not sure what is necessary to loosen in the A pillar area

you need to remove the wiper arms and get to a hidden bolt from the top under that cover. there is 1 in the crack when you open the door at the top and then 2 of the damn things under the door on the bottom. the rest of them are pretty obvious along the top.

don't forget about the one behind the park lens, and two next to the turn light.

then the fun begins on cutting the seam sealer under the wheelwell from the inner fender.

Oh, it continues with taking out the bolts buried in the sealer, that are connected to nuts on little plastic clips that are 20 years old and will break under your unbolting load. Then they will just spin around for hours. I typically end up cutting off one or two of these.

Replace all of them with new captured nut things! Steel ones if you can find them.

FSM- The Great Cruiser Parts Link Thread Search for FSM, there are a few at the bottom.

What are you trying to do? Remove the outer fender or inner and outer together? Everything is pretty easy to remove once you take off the upper valance for the wipers. If doing the inner, the two bolts on the inside of the bottom of the wheel well can be a pain, don't strip them. I use a screwdriver to clear off the sealant/dirt/road grime in order to get a socket on there.

I'm trying to open up the wheel wells for bigger tires. I've cut the outers how I want 'em. Now I want to cut and augment the inners to mate again to the outers. Figured the inners would be easier to cut/weld with the outers off. But my goodness, seems like the dumbest parts of the project take the most time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom