Call for Pics: FJ40 tube buggys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

here is on we built
PIC-0074%20700x500.jpg

Here is my favourite, It can sit 4 people so the kids can still enjoy the ride.

TuffestFJ.jpg

TuffFJ3.jpg

TuffFJ2.jpg

TuffFJ.jpg

It is pretty much still full body but with a sh!tload of engineering behind it.
A little background - Runs 40" tyres onroad, 44"-46" offroad. Dana 60 fr. chromoly axles & CTM's, Dedenbear king pin knuckles, 14 bolt rear, VERY healthy worked LS1, MSD ignition, Custom A-frame rear , custom 5 link fr. , 18" SAW's, internal beadlocks on bothsets of tyres with externals also on the comp tyres. AntiRock rear swaybar, etc.

I know it's not a tube buggy but we can't drive tube rear 4wd's here in Australia so this is really the absolute limit of comp truck that is still road legal here.

brooksy

Last edited:
yikes...lil overboard there brooksy ;p

Don't you like it !!!
It is built to not break,well not easily anyway :D It was built to take on any trail & get home & compete in the Tuff Truck Challenge here in Australia.

brooksy

Just re-read your post...might be more then you were asking for but there is still a little cruiser on there to go with :D

What I'm saving up to build :smokin:

red_skins_003.jpg

Sand_Mountain_9_4_06_049.jpg

Sand_Mountain_9_4_06_048.jpg

This is the closest I've found to what I'm looking to build :smokin:

That rig was the only one I remember keeping the full rear frame and leafs.. I remember looking around for pics when I was planning mine. The link I posted earlier had some good detail on the tubing where it attached to the frame..

Like it......................

Love it, that is one hell of a cruiser.

Great seeing a totally different take on a cruiser build, broadens the mind.

Rob

Don't you like it !!!
It is built to not break,well not easily anyway :D It was built to take on any trail & get home & compete in the Tuff Truck Challenge here in Australia.

brooksy

Definitly one talented Doood, watch his builds on pirates over the years and enjoyed each one.

Your post 30 is the same truck

Ryan's loss is very sad, truly talented dood. :frown:

haha old ass thread bump.....any new tube projects? @warpdive comes too mind....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom