1974 Rare Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd choose the pig, but it's going to take a lot of work to make it a comfortable daily driver. Just make sure to really look at the usual rust locations. Working on rusty sheet metal sucks!

Can somone tell me if that is factory A/C?

Well these images are from a January 1975 catalog:
FJ55AC2.jpg
FJ55AC1.jpg

So based on what I can see of this FJ55 AC system it does look OEM to me..

:beer:

PM me where the FJ55 is; I'll go look at it for you. :D

looking at the boot, appears to be a later 74 so it has a 4 speed.
finding a 55 with minimal rust is ideal.

I would jump on the 55.......................better act quick.

looking at the boot, appears to be a later 74 so it has a 4 speed.
finding a 55 with minimal rust is ideal.

According to the owner it has the 3 speed. I am going to look at it today.

The lines I see attached to the compressor (not the best viewing angle however) have the factory look for vehicles of that vintage. The interior looks like a lot more than 40,000 miles.

What is up with that radiator? 180 bend on the flexi hose. So, that's at least one thing of substance that has been changed.

I'm wondering if it's not a 73 that just didn't get registered until 74. I'm pretty sure that even though a fair number of '74 40 series still had a three speed, all the pigs got the four speed. They certainly wouldn't have skimped on one they were putting a PTO AND AC in. So '73 seems much more likely.

Also, unless those pics are dated, that certainly doesn't look like a rebuilt carb.:meh:

I'd want to look hard at the underside of the 55. It might show 'minimal rust' on the visible exterior but the pictures show some pretty ominous brown down the sides of the engine compartment and just reveal some badly rotted pieces. A lot can be going bad before it comes out through the body panels.

Can't see how any truck could get so thrashed up in only 40K miles. It's got to have turned at least once, maybe more.

Still, it's a goldmine for the right buyer. Just be sure you've got the game it's gonna' take to bring it back.

I went and looked at it last night, it's very straight with minimal rust, (front fender wells and that's it) Some surface rust on hood, roof, and frame. nothing cancerous. It's for sure a project. But everything is there. PTO winch with driveshaft, factory AC, no tears in the seats, all dash still works and lights up like it's supposed to, but the headliner is falling down in a few places. All the doors are out of adjustment and don't close well. But she fired right up and ran like a top. It's more of a project that I was looking for at this moment. I'd love to have it, but it's just not in the cards at the moment. and plus I'm thinking the owner is second guessing offering it up for sale anyways. :) so now I'm back on the search for a FZJ80 for under $5k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom