hellfire knuckles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone here put hellfire knuckles on a fzj80 and if so what did you do for the front frame side panhard bar mount? looks like ill have contact there with the tierod "which I have mounted under the steering arms" with about 4 inches of compression.

Member jcardona1 is the guy you want to talk to. His build thread is very thorough.

I have them. But I'm on a custom 3-link so everything has been changed around. Hellfire knuckles are not intended to be an upgrade for a stock FJ80 because you'll have panhard interference all over the place. You'll need to shorten the panhard arm and relocate the axle-side panhard bracket. @AMMO did this on his and can show more pics even though he's using Slee high-steer arm instead of Hellfire...same concept.

My setup is very different

21642999294_2ddcdd051a_h.jpg

i am also in the middle of three linking the 80 now, I had already planned on relocating the axle side panhard bracket but looking at the frame side bracket I only have about an inch to move it back before I get into the bump stop bracket on the frame and even if I remove that I only have about 1.5-2 inches before I get into the 3rd link tower. I'm running gm 1ton tie rod ends, tie rod in the rear holes on the arms with the offset tie rod ends for more clearance. could I run the tie rod in the front holes under the arms and the drag link in the rear hole above the arm?

could I run the tie rod in the front holes under the arms and the drag link in the rear hole above the arm?

That will depend on what type of panhard bracket you have on the axle and where it's located. On my setup (4WU 3 link) the panhard bracket sticks out so much that the inner holes of the Hellfire arms can't be used for anything (not even the draglink) and that is why I'm running a y-link setup.

ruzSLLoh.jpg

Also keep in mind that most of the time the steering links go underneath the steering arms unless you're on leafs. Putting a tierod or a draglink on top of the arms will greatly limit your uptravel unless you were to notch the frame. This would be a "typical" Hellfire setup on an 80. Tierod on the inner hole, draglink on the outer hole, all links under the arms:

655188d1330119054-expedition-lexus-highsteer-005.jpg

655189d1330119054-expedition-lexus-highsteer-006.jpg

655190d1330119054-expedition-lexus-highsteer-007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom