Cost of Toyota 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is a Toyota 1HZ with about 60K miles worth US $3K? There is a Chinese business that buys engines from Japan and sells them for about this price.

That would be a steal ,if they really have only 60 k and come out of a cruiser that has seen normal use.

If they come out of a industrial application I would leave them where they are!

Joe

I believe it is 60K by law. If it is coming from Japan, it likely comes from one of their 30 passenger buses now. I will have to check about the ready to install. Though I just read that they do not take kindly to having a turbo installed - loose a lot of life.

Can a Nissan TD 42 be suped up enough to equal the hp of the Toyota 1 HT-FD? without destroying the engine?

I believe it is 60K by law. If it is coming from Japan, it likely comes from one of their 30 passenger buses now. I will have to check about the ready to install. Though I just read that they do not take kindly to having a turbo installed - loose a lot of life.

Isn't the issue with turbo'ing the 1HZ that the piston tops being are too thin to stand up to boost pressure?
For $3k, I'd honestly be tempted to get one, and rebuild with better pistons setup for boost.

Link to Company Selling??

Can a Nissan TD 42 be suped up enough to equal the hp of the Toyota 1 HT-FD? without destroying the engine?
A td42 can be pretty reliable to about 200 rwkw. After this, the rate of cranks breaking goes up considerably.

In saying that, there are now a fair few 1hzs running those numbers to. There seem to less problems with high boosted 1hzs (35+ psi) than 1hzs running low boost (under 15 psi) and overfueled. Td42s can take more heat than the 1hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom