What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a couple MOLLE panels from a Paraclete plate carrier that were not being used so I adapted them to the seat backs. I basically riveted the MOLLE panels to the tin panels and attached various pouches I had laying around. They may look a little silly, but they're pretty useful!

I LOVE IT!!!! I THOUGHT ABOUT THE SAME THING. I WAS LOOKING AT SMITTY BUILT SEAT COVERS. YOURS LOOK AWESOME. I LOVE THE WAY YOU GOT YOUR FIELD GLASSES STORED TOO. AND OF COURSE YOUR TRUSTY SIDE ARM!!:cheers::bounce:

images.jpeg

Noticed black soot around the old doughnut gasket on my exhaust manifold so this morning I decided it was time for replacement.

Cleaned up the stud threads too (where they're "metric fine" rather than "metric standard") and used new brass nuts.
ExhaustNanDoughnut1.jpg

(I like to use brass nuts here because they can never seize in place, unlike steel ones.)
ExhaustManDoughnut2.jpg
ExhaustManDoughnutStuds.jpg

The clamping force must have loosened allowing the old doughnut to unravel:
ExhaustManDougnutOld.jpg

So no wonder it was leaking a bit.

:beer:

Got my door hinge bushings today from @SouthBostonFJ40 , great product and excellent customer service!

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow.

full

Aren't they great Mike!?!

I have two sets of Alex's bushings to install, when I get caught up on adventures!

I dropped off and picked up my re-rebuilt power steering pump. Brought it home and installed it. Power steering works yet again!! Picture looks just like after the first rebuild... Maybe it is...

image.jpeg

I have some stuff to complete in the morning, then I hope to take 44 and daBoise on a mid-length cruise in the Wildlife Refuge... Assuming the wind dies down... Otherwise...Friday.

What are you going to do for weatherstripping?
OEM if so from who?
Aftermarket if so from who?
A mix of both, if so where and why?
Went with Oem from cruiser corps. Bought hardtop gasket from another source and it was junk. Not cheap but it fits.

I just received this 36 mm Festoon 24 LED bulb for the interior courtesy light, a real plug-n-play item.

full

full

Nice and bright, I'm happy.:)
full

Swing out carrier (4plus) some old seat covers I've had around for yrs from Shane. I haven't done much in a long time but drive it.I think I may be ready to finish up some stuff. Dash box prob 2yrs ago.
image.jpg

Awl TEQ snorkel. My bad and that's super nice. Thanks

Swing out carrier (4plus) some old seat covers I've had around for yrs from Shane. I haven't done much in a long time but drive it.I think I may be ready to finish up some stuff. Dash box prob 2yrs ago.View attachment 1167570

It looks pretty finished to me! Great looking rig!

After deciding to freshen up the interior I had enough paint left over to go ahead and lay down a few more coats. The theme here us that I have a hard time leaving well enough alone.

All scuffed up and ready for round two.
TD1jqtLl.jpg

Under the lights.
Jk8235yl.jpg

Natural light
MTWvEUel.jpg

It's ready for me to stop working on the paint and focus on the other 100 items in the to do list.
qDBsfkxl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom