1980 Toyota 4x4, 50k miles- What's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey people....I'm new as hell obviously, but today I was offered to buy a basically one owner 1980 Toyota 4x4 from my mother.

My uncle bought it new (moms brother), he gave to his dad (my grandfather), grandfathered passed and my mother obtained the truck.

It has been repainted, wheels, tires, bed has been sprayed with linex, interior stock, engine stock.
It does have AC. Only 50k miles. It's been garage kept its entire life until the past few years where it stays under a shelter.

Can anybody give me a guess as to what this thing is worth, roughly? Located in southwest ohio area.

Thanks

23wv7k.jpg

x28ntd.jpg

Holy crap...

Is that the factory color?

It was repainted KLF

It was repainted KLF

Yes I know, but I don't recall ever seeing one that color. I know it's not the factory paint job.

Very nice truck, would like to see the interior.

Oh okay. I misread what you were saying.

Interior is just as nice as the exterior. More pics to come.

Can anybody throw a rough guestimate of the valuue of it?

Paging C-Dan...

I think it would be worth more if you took off that hideous rear bumper and that side step.

Please share more pictures of this gem when you get a chance....
Price will vary widely based on a closer inspection. Let us know what you find out.
Any rust?
With so few miles, has it been regularly driven? Lately driven? Does it run now?
Leaking any fluids?
What is the general state of upkeep and maintenance?
Does the AC work? Brakes? 4x4 work? Etc.

If memory serves the paint code was 541. That one appears to be on the "yellow" side. I remember it being not quite that bright. The front bumper should be black. The rear bumper is obviously aftermarket. It has a sliding rear window and vent windows. It is not a sport so no tach or additional center gauges. No tilt and could be less power steering. It will be a side-shift 4 speed, 4.38 gears and a mechanical fuel pump on the head. The front valance looks a bit bent.

Value? I can't say for certain. It does not interest me that much because it is not a sport but it looks like a nice example. maybe 4 grand?

$4,000? Wow I would have gone at least twice that much.

Like I said, I can't say for certain. It's not worth anywhere near that much to me but I don't matter since I have no interest in it. If it had the correct bumpers, was a Sport with a tilt wheel and original paint it would be a lot closer to your number. When I bought my 1980 RN47 new it wasn't much more than that.

If your buying from a family member I would ask what they feel comfortable at. And say you think around 4 but want everyone to feel like they are happy with the deal at the end of the day.

These older 4x4s values are what someone will pay. There's a car lot about an hour from me selling a 40 I wouldn't pay 7k for and they want 20. Since your dealing with family you have to see the seller after the transaction so talking out a price might be best.

Prices on older Toyota trucks have never made any practical or logical sense. Even stingy car dealer's will usually pay more than they want to buy a minty Toyota 4x4. Moreover, if you own one, and it's minty with low mileage, it will gradually rise in price.

Your truck is worth more in states such as Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona. These locale's seem to have the highest prices.

I could easily see this truck fetching $10 K if you listed in on eBay.

:)

hey fellas, thanks for the replies...sorry i haven't uploaded more pictures. Im working on that now.
And I may buy the truck just to keep it in the family. It's been in the family since NEW.

It was mentioned in an above post about a tach and tilt wheel, It does have a tach and tilt wheel. I don't know the difference between a 'sport' and a 'regular' model truck for this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom